What is your favorite postcard box?

I agree with this, if I ever bought illustration cards I’d want to send those out. I definitely prefer to have mine written so I’d be trading up a storm, probably.
Once a few years ago I got a Statue of Liberty postcard.
It felt a little surreal since I’m in NYC. Haha

3 Likes

One of the few boxes I owe I had to carry all the way from Wales to Greece, because my country is not famous for its non-touristic cards let alone boxes (more like a joke!)

Do you know an online shop that has some variety and sends ABROAD? Because usually I find a wall saying “we only ship to US and Canada” or “we need 25$ to ship to greece, and you might get charged with customs tax”(meaning another 10-15)

Any European postcrossers that can provide websites for stationary and cards will be forever thanked!

8 Likes

This one is a great one. It was probably one of the first postcard books I bought. I particularly remember how I obtained it–I found it at a museum store sale for $3 and the museum employee ringing me up remarked that I had gotten incredibly lucky with the deal!

2 Likes

Same. It was super weird the one time I got a postcard of the Golden Gate Bridge when I actually live in the Bay area.

You might try asking in the “Where to get postcards” forum:

1 Like

I don’t own any of these boxes, but I keep looking at them on amazon and telling myself I don’t need more postcards:

I have the following set of cards and I love them, but I am sad that they don’t come in a box:

23 Likes

? How do they stay in the cover are they glued in?

What a good topic! I was so interested in looking at all your boxes, I immediately wanted a lot. I still have the postcards in my Shoe box.
:задумчивый:

1 Like

I would love to receive any of these cards, if I have anything you’d be interested in trading for. I don’t have any box sets myself, I’m new to postcards and most of what I have is vintage. Anyway let me know if we can work on a deal!

Edit to add letters I’d be particularly interested in:
AHJMT

There’s no cover. They were just wrapped in cellophane.

I forgot to say these are lovely alphabet cards. I don’t have any cool cards to trade but maybe one day I’ll buy the book!

@lncrou7 :pensive: I would be a little sad too. They are super aesthetic, shame they didn’t get a box

Edit: after a couple hours (help I’ve been browsing postcard boxes and now I can’t stop) I wanted to share.

This ‘Light of 365 Days’ set I saw on etsy is lovely!
It glows in the dark and is now in my ‘future purchases’ wishlist:

I noticed the soft or watercolor themed ones are usually Asian.
While the more modern looking minimalistic angular styles are usually Western. Just an observation.

23 Likes

I know there is a postcrosser who would send out Pantone cards with illustrations drawn on them. I even faved those cards but I couldn’t find them in my fav now. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I have a few long distance but close German friends. I’m interested in receiving from there. What do you do for fun?

As far as the Pantone cards go, when I send them I match the colors on the back as much as I can with pens, washi, stamps, stickers, whatever.

45 Likes

I just happened to receive some Lantern Press postcards via the official site and I fell in love with them! They are soooooo pretty. But as I’m not sending cards from the USA, I wouldn’t buy them to send.

5 Likes

Gray Malin
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/1419743872/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Add images

This is my favourite postcard box:

I’ve kept about 20 cards to one side that I don’t want to be parted from. :blush:

Recipients seem to have liked them - it’s a curious mixture of old and new art from Royal Academicians.

4 Likes

Since others have been talking about national parks postcards above, I discovered that there’s a new postcard box for US national parks coming out April 2021:

I’ll be interested to hear what people think of it if they’re able to obtain a copy.

[Edited to add some other cute postcard boxes I recently received]:

18 Likes

I just bought this one recently and I think the postcards inside are amazing. I have yet to send out any of these though.

5 Likes

I really like these ones from Aliexpress. They’re really cute! https://a.aliexpress.com/_B1CT9L

11 Likes