What is you countries average time for mail to be traveling?

Hi, how long does the mail to travel in your country? Here in the USA mail takes 4 to 6 days to travel (used to be 1-3).

I havenā€™t tried domestic traveling through Norway but in Spain to send a letter from the same town (letā€™s say, a couple streets apart) it takes A WEEK.
Maybe it is a little bit faster is very big cities but my town is not so small. :woman_shrugging:

Also, something really useful in Postcrossing statics is that you can kind of estimate if your postcard sent to X country is taking longer than usual.
For example; letā€™s say I have a Travelling postcard to China and itā€™s been around for 29 days and Iā€™m thinking ā€œIs that too much or is it normal?ā€.
Then what I do is: I go to the ā€œCountriesā€ section, go to Norway, go to the #1 postcrosser user and check their statics.
I go to ā€œChinaā€ and check the average ā€œsentā€ and the average ā€œreceivedā€ time.
Because the top 3 postcrossers have sent a huge amount of postcards, this is actually a nice ā€œaverageā€ calculation (true that Covid still delays everything).
Then, depending on the difference of the average ā€œsentā€ time to China and the time my postcard is taking, I know if it is still on track or if it might be delayed/missed.
At least it helps me a bit with the waiting. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

ŠŸŠ¾ Š‘ŠµŠ»Š°Ń€ŃƒŃŠø ŠøŠ“ёт Š½Šµ Š±Š¾Š»ŃŒŃˆŠµ 4 Š“Š½ŠµŠ¹.

English please

First class (85p) should take 1 working day* although occasionally takes longer. Second class (66p) takes 2-3 working days*, although sometimes arrives in 1 day and other times takes more than 3!

*Working days include Saturdays

Domestic? About 2-3 days I believe. This is for the Netherlands

The mail delivery of Finland has gone worse lately. From Finland to Finland it takes 2-10 working days (without Saturdays and Sundays) but the mail from Finland to Germany (for example) goes in the same time or even faster.

Here if you donā€™t post the postcard on a holiday, or a day mail isnā€™t delivered or processed, it will generally arrive the next day.

1 Like

One or two working days.

In Austria:

Economy 0,74 Euro: 2-4 days (sometimes only one day or more)
Priority 0,85 Euro: 1-2 (sometimes longer)

If you send a postcard from venezuela, it takes like 160 days travelingā€¦ To receive a postcard in Venezuela it takes like 30-40 days