What is the total number of cards that you have received till now ?

Hi :slight_smile:

I’m in since march 2020 and received 341 cards till today…

At first I startet to decorate my wall with them and enjoyed to see the collection grow and move across the wall :smiley:
But then it went too much…

Now I keep what I really like and the rest goes to recycling for we have a project with handicap people in germany working with used stamps

Something goes into kind of scrapbooking…

And I love to keep some lovely washi for its reusable :slight_smile:

Like at a buffet I keep what I love best :wink:

2 Likes

I have received 424 officials but probably 200 more unofficial ones. I never threw one away. To be honest, I really hate the thought of people throwing the cards I sent them away, but I do understand that not everything can be kept. Have you considered giving your used cards away in the forum or somewhere else? Sometimes I see cards in other’s received wall that I love and I would rather have them myself than Knowing that they went into the bin :sweat_smile: but maybe I am just strange, being so attached to physical things.

5 Likes

@Somaco
I do the same, keep the one with a very nice message or image and the rest go for recycling. I have donated stamps to Briefmarken für Bethel, I don’t know if it is the same group you mention.

I too use some images for my scrapbook. Some stickers and washi also become part of it :slight_smile:

@BrokkoliKatze
I did exchange some of my received cards a couple of times. But, reading the forum chats, I realized that many people don’t like sharing received cards, as the message is intended only for the recipient. So, I haven’t done it again.

1 Like

I am new to Postcrossing and have only received 6 cards to date.
I have sent out more than that tho, either some of my cards have not been received or not registered. Which is a bit annoying .

1 Like

I received around 3950 cards through Postcrossing and around 4000 through swaps, RRs etc.

I keep almost all of them, just got rid of none-postcards like thin piece of paper (at the beginning I made the mistake to register such things instead of first asking the support what to do with such things) and of loveless postcards without text or personal reference. A handful over the years maybe. I cut off the stamps and throw the rest away.

I scanned all of the cards and keep the scans (of course, why should I scan the cards and then delete the scan?).

How long have your cards been travelling? I guess anything below 30 days of travel time is nothing to worry about. You can read these threads as well.

2 Likes

I know it’s off topic but I just need to tell you that I love your hat. :star_struck:

3 Likes

One went to Russia 66 days now and the other US 52 days. I understand the Russia one but 52 days for US I don’t understand :worried:

1 Like

Thank you :heart: That photo was taken at my daughter’s wedding at end of August. I am the proud’ Mother of the Bride’ xx

2 Likes

I just wondered…. Does anyone know if we are able to opt out of certain countries because of the obvious post problems they have. I heard that China has a massive backlog of post and people are not receiving post. Doesn’t have to be forever but postcards may be adding to the problem of people receiving their ‘important or urgent’ mail.

1 Like

We can’t opt out, but I think that the address choosing algorithm considers the suspensions listed in the postal monitor The Postal Monitor gives an overview of mail disruptions around the world
It says there that at the moment no Chinese addresses are given out.

1 Like

I have about 300 official cards and probably 1000 or more from fourm or other swaps. I keep them all but have thrown out a disturbing one I got that gave me the creeps.

2 Likes

Hello I’m new to Postcrossing so I have only received 2 so far and sent 6 Official. I have been doing RR and direct swaps. I really enjoy this!

3 Likes

Probably over 6,000…last time I counted, it was over 5,200. I have an overflowing bin of postcards that need to be counted. :joy:

And I never really threw any card out, just 3 or 4. And I remember the reasons why I threw them out…I’m sensitive about a few things in life…

3 Likes

@rhuqesmail
I like it that we do similar things with our cards.
Yes Bethel, didnt imagine they get stamps from arround the world!
And I like India, been there long ago :slight_smile: nice to meet you
Namaste :pray:

1 Like

I got 5802 official cards an maybe 15 by lotteries or swaps.

2 Likes

I have received 252 cards. I keep them in a box in cronological order. And to be honest I get a little sad hearing that my card just could end up in the bin. I spend a lot of time finding the right card, stamp, washi tape and stickers which I hope would please and bring joy to the receiver, not to mention writing a personal message.

5 Likes

I just pulled an address and it is to China. Worst part is that the user hasn’t been “seen” in 27 days :pensive:

2 Likes

I have received 1960 official postcards so far, but I also previously had another account through which I received about 200 postcards. I’ve also done private swaps, maybe over 100. I think I have received about 2200 postcards in total.

1 Like

I hope to reach 500 postcards sent/received this year

1 Like