What is the name for these kinds of postcards?

I figure this is the best place to ask this question. :grinning: What are these types of postcards called? The type that has the City or Country name with all the info about the City/ Country. I love these types of cards and wanted to make sure I have to the correct name for these. Picture is for an example, hope you can see it ok?

5 Likes

Hello! This is actually a series from Postallove and you can see it here!

4 Likes

oh, thank you for sharing the info! :grinning:

1 Like

They are called Greetings fromā€¦ or GF in short. But thereā€™s also the vintage Greetings fromā€¦ cards from the US (with the large letters). Better mention precisely for which ones youā€™re looking :slight_smile:

Greetings fromā€¦ (Large Letter cards):

Greetings fromā€¦ (by postallove):

2 Likes

Ik heb er ook nog ansichtkaarten van liggen.

1 Like

where might one find the US cards?

I donā€™t know, maybe ask here: #communities:north-america :slight_smile:

Postcard Fair makes reprints of these vintage cards. Theyā€™re available on Amazon: https://a.co/d/9iCdKY6

Vintage ones from the 1960s are aroundā€¦try flea markets, antique malls, etc

I do get a bit sad seeing GF in wishlist, then realize itā€™s for those Postallove series instead of the regular US ones that I haveā€¦

1 Like

All the Idaho ones seem sold outā€¦ bummer. I will keep checking

The Idaho card shows up as in stock for me when I click my link above. Or try searching ā€œIdaho Postcard Fairā€ on Amazon and it should be the one of the top results :slight_smile:

I sent the ā€œbig lettersā€ series to people who mentioned ā€œGreetings Fromā€ on their profiles. I later found out about the Postal Love series and realized thatā€™s probably what those members were referring to :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.