What is the name for these kinds of postcards?

I figure this is the best place to ask this question. :grinning: What are these types of postcards called? The type that has the City or Country name with all the info about the City/ Country. I love these types of cards and wanted to make sure I have to the correct name for these. Picture is for an example, hope you can see it ok?


Hello! This is actually a series from Postallove and you can see it here!


oh, thank you for sharing the info! :grinning:

1 Like

They are called Greetings from… or GF in short. But there’s also the vintage Greetings from… cards from the US (with the large letters). Better mention precisely for which ones you’re looking :slight_smile:

Greetings from… (Large Letter cards):

Greetings from… (by postallove):


Ik heb er ook nog ansichtkaarten van liggen.

1 Like

where might one find the US cards?

I don’t know, maybe ask here: #communities:north-america :slight_smile:

Postcard Fair makes reprints of these vintage cards. They’re available on Amazon: https://a.co/d/9iCdKY6

Vintage ones from the 1960s are around…try flea markets, antique malls, etc

I do get a bit sad seeing GF in wishlist, then realize it’s for those Postallove series instead of the regular US ones that I have…

1 Like

All the Idaho ones seem sold out… bummer. I will keep checking

The Idaho card shows up as in stock for me when I click my link above. Or try searching “Idaho Postcard Fair” on Amazon and it should be the one of the top results :slight_smile:

I sent the “big letters” series to people who mentioned “Greetings From” on their profiles. I later found out about the Postal Love series and realized that’s probably what those members were referring to :woman_facepalming:t2:


This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.