What is the most wanted postcard from the USA?

I have a question… What is the most wanted or requested postcard sent from the USA?
I live in Orlando Florida USA and I’m new to PostCrossing. I want to send cards out that are loved.
I’m very thoughtful in my choices. Both card and stamp. But I was wondering what those not living in the US want the most? Cool stamps maybe? Which is what I do… But is there anything else? What do you like?
And is it just me, or is it hard to find COOL postcards in the US? The ones here in Orlando are hard to find and out dated by at least 20 years.
Thank you all so much!!

4 Likes

There are plenty of people who collect “greetings from” cards, and alot of people appreciate view cards, or iconic tourist destinations. Orlando is the capital, right? (Or is it Miami? or Disney world? I only know the west coast well haha) but anyways Orlando is a famous city and I’m sure there are touristy spots there that people would enjoy postcards from.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response! I will look up the “Greetings from” cards. Tallahassee is our capitol (I’m surprised too…) Some might say it’s Disney World though! Hahaha.
I’ll be sure to stock up on a variety of tourist cards while I’m out. Thank you again!
(P.S. I was born and raised in SoCal, so I understand! haha. Took me a bit to get used to the roads and landmarks out here.)

3 Likes

The most wanted card from US is Lou Paper series.

5 Likes

Oh this makes me so happy! I made an order yesterday from her. I like reading people’s profiles, someone mentioned her and I looked it up. Beautiful!
Thank you for your comment! Perhaps I’ll get some more from her.

4 Likes

Tallahassee?? I never would have guessed that in my wildest dreams haha, definitely need to brush up on my state capitals. And yes, definitely find some greetings from cards, because sometimes you can be the person who can finally completes someone’s set of postcards.

2 Likes

The local places like gas stations, greeting card stores or even retail stores don’t carry postcards anymore. At least not where I live. If you’re near a touristy area you can probably find local or state cards. The only town near me has closed their shops where I got tourist cards of my state due to covid. So yes, for my area anyway it is hard to find tourist cards. I live in Michigan.

1 Like

CVS stores have postcards, as well as Cracker Barrel country store. They usually have another highly sought after type of card - Lantern Press. Also most national park gift shops also carry Lantern Press. And, if you have any UNESCO world heritage sites near you, those are also popular.

1 Like

I find some of the US postcards I get a little boring. I do quite like those Greetings from (50 States) and the National Parks ones nice. US maxicards would be nice too.

2 Likes

I think I may be the outlier because I prefer not to receive view/tourist cards. I like LouPaper, but I don’t love them. I prefer unique cards.

5 Likes

I would think that the LouPaper, Postcard Fair state birds and maps, large letter greetings from, Lantern Press and Anderson Design are the popular ones.

3 Likes

I think it would definitely be the “Greeting from insert states”. It’s very classical and vintage :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Several series (Greeting From US States, Large Letters US States/Cities, US State Birds and Flowers/Facts/Maps) from Postcard Fair are quite popular.

3 Likes

Just a suggestion but a lot of Postcrossers are interested in science, space and the night sky: if you could find NASA / Kennedy Space Center postcards I bet they would be appreciated. :rocket:

7 Likes

I laughed at your Tallahassee comment. My thoughts exactly! And that is a great idea! Thank you so much!

Oh my gosh!! Cracker Barrel! What a terrific idea! And I just looked it up, our UNESCO site it about 2 and half hours away. Sounds like fun weekend visit. Thank you so much for your ideas!

1 Like

Yes! So hard to find PostCards…

Thank you so much!

Terrific idea! Thank you so much!

1 Like

They are a bit boring. I agree. It takes quite a bit of effort and research to find interesting ones. Everyone’s comments sure help. Thank you!