What impact does postcrossing have on your life?

I was introduced to post crossing by a friend. But beyond a post card, I have made a few friends.
Its the most beautiful thing that has happened to me. Sending a card from Uganda to the whole world. Make friends from all over the world.

Receiving beautiful and encouraging words. And still making honest friends. Its one of the most beautiful moments to me.

What impact has post crossing done to you

16 Likes

A friend of mine introduced me to Postcrossing too, and I’m so grateful that it happened! Now I’m very curious to get to know amazing people from over the globe, and can’t wait to hear different stories! I guess I became kinder and more patient, and 100% more opened to the world:)

7 Likes

Wow! It is nice to know that not me alone here have mental health issues. For me it is social anxiety, loneliness and depression. Postcrossing makes me feel less lonely, not only because I send and receive postcards, but also I attend postcrossing meetups. Although I am quite silent at meetups, I’d like to communicate more ^^"

19 Likes

Hello. I’m very introverted, but Postcrossing helps me get something out of myself.
That’s why I’ve been taking part in Postcrossing since November 2018 and I’m also happy that I’ve made new friends, be it through postcards or pen pals.

Postcrossing helps me make new (mostly international) friendships and improve my English. In the meantime I have made new friendships in Japan and Spain. I would like to take this opportunity to thank these new friends for teaching me their language and culture.

Thank you, of course I would like to introduce you to my language and culture. I am very happy about direct swaps, postcard friends and pen pals.

Have fun all of you and above all stay healthy!

13 Likes

Love this thread!
Postcrossing definetly helped me get through pandemic. Gave me something else to focus on outside of Covid ( I work in a Pharmacy so it’s been Covid, covid, covid. First testing, then vaccines & always helping people navigate it). Don’t even know how Dr’s & Nurses haven’t all broken down by now.
But aside from that, I feel like I have truly found my people on Postcrossing. I knew, in theory, there were people like me out there, but finding them in person has been difficult. I have friends who appreciate me, but they are not like me. Postcrossing is a whole community of people like me!
Postcrossing also reinforces the knowledge that people are not their country ( or government). Sometimes you hear very negative things about particular countries, but the Postcrossers from that country are just people, living their lives, seeking joy, sending out lovely postcards. It makes a person feel more positive about the state of the world when one sees that we are all the same & all just want to make our lives nice.

26 Likes

Hello, everybody :slight_smile: you don’t know me but I have a history to tell.
On july my family started to live a nightmare. My little niece discover he has leukemia. It was the worst thing that happend to us and we are still trying to deal with. My sister (her mother) and I were really depressed, and we still are. Then, I discovered postcrossing and told to my sister it could be something helpfull. I started sending postcards and my sister loved It too. Sometimes, when she is in hospital with our baby girl, she writes. Sometimes she receives a postcard when she is having the worse days. Its beautiful to know another people, from all over the world, with all their experiences and receive all the love they want to share with us, it makes this process a little less hard. Its giving us hope.

This topic is just to thank you postcrossing. This comunity is really helping us. You are all amazing

36 Likes

Hello @lisawniehues
Thank you so much for sharing your story here.
I wish you and especially the little girl that you have a lot of strength to overcome the terrible illness.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, your family and your little nice :crossed_fingers: :heart:

We already have a topic where other people share how postcrossing has affected their lives.
I’ll move your post there as well.

9 Likes

Thank you :heart:
Sorry about the mistake

2 Likes

There’s no need to apologise and you’ve made no mistake.
No one can know all the topics here and we moderators are there to keep some order.

6 Likes

Im having serious panic attack n anxiety. Always feel lonely. But when i found postcrossing… It helped me develop positive feelings. Now im recovered.
Thank you every postcrosser who swapped card with me and support me via forum or writing thoughts on postcard.

I feel blessed :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

23 Likes

I hope all works out well for your family. xx

7 Likes

Dear Lena,
I like to send you a surprise envelope, because your story touched me so much!
You’re such a young girl and it makes me sad you feel sometimes so lonely! :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I am new to postcrossing but am already hooked. Although I have only received three cards so far, learning about those fellow postcrossers and their countries has been amazing! My hope is that my cards bring as much happiness to fellow postcrossers. :heart:

5 Likes

I find postcrossing a nice way to wind down in the evening. It has also gotten my 11 year old with learning disabilities practicing reading and writing as she receives cards from generous postcrossers she replies back. A win without anyone having to nag her! I love looking at all the cars i’ve received and am slowly working on organizing them for rotating display or binder display where I can see both sides. I use postcards as teachable moments as well with the students I work with and my Girl Scout troops! We work on the long lost art of letter writing (and don’t tell my students but it is working on their occupational therapy goals when they “get” to write a postcard!)

13 Likes

Postcrossing has helped me a lot to deal with some anxiety episodes in the past.
I got my box of received postcards and start reading them. It’s a journey to the last 10 years.

And recently, my 7/yo daughter, started being interested in the whole Postcrossing process.
Now, she use a Earth Globe to look at the countries from which we have received mail. She also have wrote a couple of postcard to send to some of my friends from the Spanish and Manganime subforums.
Last year, her involvement with postcards made her teacher asked me for a Zoom meeting with her classroom to talk about snail mail, postcards and Postcrossing. It was a great experience and I need to confess I used all my anime postcards to break the ice with the kids. They loved the Pokemon cards :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

Keeps people in touch especially people who were lockdowed

3 Likes

Well, after reading all the stories above, I think we should write more on our next postcard. That may light someone’s day, right?

9 Likes

yeahh… I feel blessed receivig a lot of good message and advice through postcard. All postcrosser are so nice to me.

3 Likes

Being extreme introvert and having social anxiety, getting a suprise image and wonderful words makes me hopeful and happy.

17 Likes

Hey Don’t feel lonely ))
Make Friends everywhere))
Also - we all are your friends :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes