What if some unexpected guests moved into your mailbox?

How cute is this story? I also want someone to move into my mailbox and make a home there!

But maybe I should renovate the mailbox first… :thinking:

PS: Thank you @JoDennis for sharing this heartwarming news with us!

50 Likes

That was so cute !!! I mean, a bit creepy to know someone is so invested in their mailbox, still it’s so sweet and creative. I wonder what’s going on through that Mystery person’s mind… Is he/she doing it for fun? To make the couple have a good time? Wow…
:dizzy:

3 Likes

LOL! Love it! Thank you for sharing. We have stupid postal lockboxes here. Can’t be creative at all. Postal employee wont even allow lost dog/ cat signs on the lockbox. This article made me smile.

2 Likes

Wonderful story! I was expecting that some animals would be the unexpected guests, my neighbour had a couple of tits nesting in his mailbox a few years ago

4 Likes

This is so cute! :heart_eyes:
At first, when I read the headline to this topic, I expected a discussion about spiders or other critters in someone’s mailbox, but having it turned into dollhouse is such a sweet idea! I’m amazed, though, that they never found out who did this…

:green_heart: :fox_face:

2 Likes

This is the cutest story I read this week! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I wonder if it could be the postal carrier behind all this mischief?

2 Likes

I might be weird, but when I was reading the article, my attention was caught by this little fascinating detail:
“While it is against the law for someone other than the mailbox owner and the mail carrier to put items in a mailbox […]”

It made me wonder how neighbour kids can advertise cake sales/flea market for their school if they aren’t allowed to slip ads in postboxes in the neighbourhood. :grin: When I was still in elementary school, I and my sister once took a walk around our neighbourhood to slip ads for Christmas sales at our school in postboxes. :postbox:

A cute and heart-warming story though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Such a lovely story!

1 Like

Made me smile! :smile::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

Thank you so much for sharing. This bought me joy :star_struck:

You are right - people do that all the time! I’ve never heard of anyone being prosecuted for it. But the law is on the books - probably so there is another tool for law enforcement to use against anyone leaving something malicious in another person’s mailbox.

2 Likes

we have lockboxes, our mailman won’t even allow us to put a lost cat / dog sign up on the mailbox. He takes it down the moment he sees it. :frowning:

as a bad joke, one of my neighbors found some crashed eggs in her mailbox :scream: