What if person has a DON'T SEND list?

These profiles should be reported and even after that their profile should be under extra control.
Also maybe automatic addition when registrating their card, that “don’t register this card if you don’t like it”. (joke)

Yes, that’s definitely something that should be reported.

2 Likes

I would report them, but the problem is, it was one of the postcrossing Facebook groups, I don’t know their name on here

2 Likes

Postcrossing has nothing to do with Facebook groups and it does not make sense to report problems from there to the postcrossing support .
If it is mentioned in a Profile or here in the forum that a person would not register cards from their Don’t list, than you should report it to the support.

Yeah I know

My son delete our old account so i cant show you my registrars postcard on my old account I sent and I worried by making my own postcards noone would like them any how I thought some people wouldn’t register them but I got lots of people that said they liked my pictures. To thing for newbies I thought someone want a postcard with food on it but they meant really food. So I would ask before tag yourself.

I think I could still mention that name to the team, maybe someone already reported here their suspicions of not registering.

But, good thing, eventually it will not do anything good to that person. The sender won’t know why their card isn’t registered, and don’t know to send a “better” card, it will be just normal expired, but if they get too many cards not reaching them, I think their account will be paused/closed.

I would never swap with such person, because I’m sure they could also lie not getting the nice cards, so they would get more.

I have a “prefer-not-to-receive” list on my profile. This is meant to make it easier for the sender if they like matching card themes to the recipients. And if they don’t? Well, I’ll receive the card they want to send me and that’s that. I have received plenty of cards with pictures I thought were dull, but the messages usually make up for that.

If I can, I choose cards to match. For me, it’s part of the fun of Postcrossing - just like I try and write something I think the recipient would like to read. Is this mandatory? Nope. But I like it.
If I read something like “No Animals”, then that narrows the search for a good card, meaning I don’t have to flip through all 1000 of my cards to find the right one.

I do think everyone should do their best to avoid someone’s phobias, though.

4 Likes