What does your postbox look like?

I like the fact that unused, it still remains as reminder of the change.
thank you for sharing @Speicher3 Claas that these are in Jerusalem, but can I ask…what are the postboxes in Jerusalem look like nowadays? Please share :grin:

4 Likes

This is what a rural postbox in the Netherlands looks like. They are a lot smaller, with only one slot and also don’t have a permanent collection time, instead they are emptied during the actual mail delivery. This one is in the town of Zevenhuizen, South Holland.

10 Likes

To be honest: I don’t know at all. I had problems in both Jerusalem and Tel Aviv to even find a post office or a place that sells stamps. In Tel Aviv I found a post office, but it was closed. In the end, a friend who lives in Jerusalem gave me stamps and kept the mail to send later. The mail did arrive, but in fact, even in that one week, I didn’t have a chance to drop off mail anywhere myself. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m on holiday in Cyprus and seeing as its not a huge postcrossing nation I’ve found local

stamps and sent all available slots in travel mode

14 Likes

Montreal, Quebec

8 Likes

This is my mailbox where I mail most of the time.
A good orange dutch mailbox

The other one is near a house

10 Likes

I send postcards and small letters to the mailbox near my home. If I am in the city center at the main post office, I send postcards and large letters there, through a large box inside the office. Almost all mailboxes in the city look like those in the photo. Some of them don’t even have information on when the letters are taken out.

The village or rural section, more often than not, looks like this. We pass through this village on our way to our dacha. On the building hangs a modern mailbox, but near the grocery store the old one, from Soviet times.

And this is another village office on the border with the Vologda region. Here too the box is old, at least in 2017:

And this is the mailbox where I get my letters and postcards. Previously, for apartments on the first floor, mailboxes hung on the door of these apartments. For apartments on the second floor and above, the boxes hang in the stairwell between the first and second floor. A few years ago these boxes were replaced with new ones, and now they can be used by the residents of the first-floor apartments. To be honest, the boxes are of poor quality. The lock closes somehow. It’s good that nothing is stolen.

15 Likes

Totally misread that as “good orange duck mailbox”

3 Likes

Postbox outside main post office in Oxford.

16 Likes

I post mine directly from my mailbox at home.

My Local post office’s Huge Postbox

10 Likes

As @clubpostcards mentioned, most postboxes in Japan are orange (in my eye it’s red).

There are some exceptions. One postbox in front of my city hall is blue.
It is a memento for the concecutive victories in J-League and the 23th anniversary of team Kawasaki Frontale (川崎フロンターレ).

13 Likes

Sometimes post office would have some collaborations.
There was a collaboration with Pokemon last year.

In Yokohama Post Office, there was a Pokemon postbox.

All letters and postcards in this postbox got a Pokemon postmark.
(During this collaboration, this postbox is only for domestic post items.)

During that collaboration, other postbox:

29 Likes

This is one of the postboxes I use (I prefer sending from a post office) :postbox:

7 Likes

Funny the same postbox was this colour scheme back in June.

18 Likes

This mailbox is from the era of King George VI, right?

1 Like

King George V (1910-1936) :crown:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Commonwealth theme🐮

UK members: will there be new King Charles boxes? Can you keep using QE2 boxes?

1 Like