What does your post office look like?

ok i feel sad for the demolition of the old post office of Port Hope. It was so pretty. I am sorry but I want to put a tear emoji not a heart under your post.

Greece Peristeri City Letters to Santa Box During Covid Lock Down…

11 Likes

The following picture is the picture of Jiangsu University post office:

A staff from this post office told me that even he doesn’t know how to draw the logo of China post - he works for China Post for over 15 years.

8 Likes

This is really interesting, because right next to the China Post sign is another for the Postal Savings Bank of China. While the USPS offers money orders, there’s been talk for years about expanding the banking services offered. Who know if it will ever happen.

1 Like

Pictures from the internet, not mine

the main post office in Varese, Italy today

and on a vintage postcard

It was built in the 1930s and it shows.

And this is the one in Como, built in 1925

under the windows in the front there are the old slots for all kinds of mail and parcels, but they have been bolted up at least since the 1980s; these days there are a few boring red post boxes for regular mail, and everything else needs to be brought to the counter.

Most other offices in both towns aren’t in an historical building, of course.

7 Likes

Ha! I remembered to take a picture inside. This is what it looks like when your entire town of 2,000 receives their mail at the post office. We can access our boxes (free for anyone who lives in town) 24/7 and there’s a counter just to the left that’s open m-f 8-5 to buy stamps, pick up or send parcels, and such.

16 Likes

I recently visited Castelló (Spain) and loved the post office. Unfortunately it was closed

19 Likes

I like that the room is outfitted with two trash cans, so you can instantly dispose of any junk mail!

1 Like

Ha! Yes, they are well used

My favorite post office where I hunt for stamps and postcards. But it’s not just Pos Indonesia. Inside there are philatelic shop (of course), food court, Starbucks, work space, exhibition rooms, etc. Almost like a mall.
This image below was from Google.

This one below is a photo I took myself.
(It’s big! So I just capture the text, flag, and the sky)

12 Likes

Wow! That sounds fantastic! If we had that here it would be my favorite too :hearts:

1 Like

The post office in my neighborhood
It’s situated on the ground floor of the apartment building (common practice in Russia, in many apartment buildings ground floors are occupied with offices of all sorts)

My PO Box
This is where I receive my mail

Letter box (drop box)
This is where I send my mail

15 Likes

Here’s one from my recent trip to Paris, the main post office near the Louvre:

16 Likes

Postboxes at my post office

12 Likes

It’s a small rural town, so I’m glad it’s only a mile away! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This is the one I go to in Silver Spring, MD

It’s very small and attached to an apartment building

9 Likes

Found this link! Hope you guys like it

10 Likes

Ireland :ireland: , in Kilkenny :four_leaf_clover:

19 Likes

The post office of a small village near the fields where I work in the summer. It is on the ground floor of an old house.

22 Likes

This is the Post Office closer to me.

17 Likes