What does your post office look like?

Tried new Post Office today, I never knew there’s post office in this building complex before

The Post Office is located in this building

The location is on the basement. Quite hard to find and the stairs to reach basement floor is quite hidden :rofl:

However it’s only around 8 mins walk from my house. The nearest post office I can reach. They also stick LPU barcodes there! So I can request the workers to put it in polite place

18 Likes

This is how the main post office of the small town of Tomsk looks like.

17 Likes

The first time I was denied a hand cancelation was in this pink postoffice, Fernandez Juncos Station.

I decided not to leave my postcards there and went to the nearest post office, Hato Rey Station. I got the hand cancelation and also bought stamps that are not sold in the online store anymore.

23 Likes

I’m at the moment in Albania Durres, here is how the main post office (there is another one, smaller) looks like:

and here is a postal car

13 Likes

Month ago I sent postcards in:
Posta 1 - Main Post office in Esztergom, Hungary :hungary:

Interior:

16 Likes

Post office in Oxford dating back to 1879.

19 Likes

This is PR main post office and distribution center(2nd floor). Here they process the mail either for distribution back to the island or send it to the US for further processing. US Virgin Island mail is also processed here.

I went to hand cancel the postcard and was told I had to buy certified mail in order to get the postcards canceled. They asked a supervisor and said the same. That’s ridiculous. I can’t imagine sending a certified mail postcard :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. I left and went to another PO even if mail was going back to the one I originally went to.

Next time I go, I have to take a better photo of this mural.

Breast cancer :ribbon: Awareness month- Buy the stamp, support the cause.

12 Likes

@shootingstar7
Good for you! Our requests at US Post Office should not be denied. I tell them that the postcards are arriving damaged and the recipient wants them to have a round cancellation. At the very least we can send a nice round cancellation stamp!

4 Likes

To keep this thread alive:
Some people might know Bosnia and Herzegovina has three post administrations. I’m now in Sarajevo, which is the Bosnian / Muslim post. But on the outskirts of the town you can also find the Serbian post. It is in a tiny rundown mall, where only outside are some working shops.

Maybe 500 m away is the Bosnian post in a street with shops

13 Likes

Might they have meant a Certificate of Mailing? My post office said the same thing for hand cancelling. It is currently 50 cents per card and minimum of three (use the firm sheet Form 3665 and the fee can be paid by affixing stamps to it. You get this back, hand cancelled of course). Don’t do single piece certificates which cost $1.75 per card. I’ve actually considered doing this as it is cheaper than commuting to another office only to be told they don’t hand cancel yada yada yada……

3 Likes

Old San Juan Post Office

16 Likes

I’m in Rome now, where also is the Vatican Post at the Vatican City. As far es I know there are three post offices. One in the Vatican museums, which I don’t show. Second is left of the Peter’s Cathedral.

and the third is just on the place before

16 Likes

Post office Russia,Altai

20 Likes

What beautiful architecture.

2 Likes

I live in the old part of the city, here are all such buildings. very beautiful. time spoils the view.

1 Like

In Finland mail services are mainly provided by shops. (My British pal refers them as “postal partners”). This small shop (R-Kioski) situated in Rovaniemi town centre is one of them.

You can’t see it in this photo but one of the neon signs has Posti logo on it. There is also a mailbox next to the door. If you get registered mail, you must fetch it from these kind of shops. For packages you can use also package automats.

Three years ago Posti announced there will be only 6 post offices in the whole country by 2021, as there are plenty of postal partners providing services. There is only one post office in Northern Finland and that is Santa’s main post office at the Arctic circle.

The left mail box is only for Christmas mail (the mail will be sent in December), the right mail box is for normal mail.

Cosy corner inside the post office.

(The pictures were taken last summer. I don’t live close enough to visit this place very often).

18 Likes

3 Likes

The post office in the Moscow region, Pushkinsky district, is located in a village house, opposite it there is a well from which water is collected

24 Likes

I moved recently from one side of town to the other side. The nearby post office is called Prairiewood and it’s a nice building dating from the 1980s.

8 Likes

I was in the neighborhood I used to live in earlier today, and I had a package to send. So I go to the post office I would frequent, only to see it demolished ! There was a feeling of genuine sadness. It was the most ragged post office, but I loved it nonetheless.

Before:

After (This image is from a local online publication - could not take a photo myself since I was driving):

10 Likes