What does your post office look like?

I love the difference! One is very glamorous looking with the beautiful forecourt and decorated parapet. The other one is very utilitarian.

1 Like

This is a very large one but 5 minutes from my office by foot. So I walk here at lunch time to mail out letters and postcards.

15 Likes

USPS Substation No 1 also called Country Mart Station. This is a post office but catergorized as a Contract Postal Unit.

This is the back door. I only say it because when you walk through this door, the customer service desk faces the front entrance which located in a small mini mall market called Brentwood Country Market.

The post office website lists this station as the CPU COUNTRY MART INC CONT #1 in the post office locator.

This is the front door. You can see the front desk. The front door is in the mall.

15 Likes

China Post and his Cafe in Beijing.

30 Likes

At this post office, I send letters and postcards. Here you can buy tourist open and regular tariff stamps.

16 Likes

I took a few quick photos of my local post office when I dropped off a few cards on Friday. I should go back and get a few better ones but the sun was nice Friday. I love the old stone buildings in town and the post office has some nice stone carving. (I forgot to take close ups of them…)

Downtown Galt (Cambridge) Ontario, Canada
Water Street Post Office

Since covid they have it set up for entering one door (in front of the red truck) and exiting the other (under the clock tower). I forgot to take a photo of the back but behind the red truck they have a loading area with the postal vehicles.

23 Likes

My Post Office which is part of my house. Just one counter position, busy most of the time but plenty of flowers to look at to pass the time when there are queues. I know 90%of my customers really well having grown up in the village since I was 10 (now 64). Post box a few metres away from the entrance. Welsh flags are up at the moment because our county of Ceredigion (west Wales :wales:) is hosting a big national event called an Eisteddfod (singing, drama, dancing, craft competitions). I love my job.

31 Likes

Main post office in Dublin, Ireland.

Interior. They have a dedicated philatelic counter for stamps and postcards.:blush:

24 Likes

I visited Ho Chi Minh city in 2013 and the Saigon Central Post Office was included in our itinerary. It looked the same without any changes in its interior and exterior facade.

2 Likes

POS MALAYSIA HEADQUARTERS, DAYABUMI COMPLEX, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
Date these photos taken: 15th August 2022

18 Likes

This is the one at Gulou, Nanjing which seems to be the largest post office in the city.

While these pictures are from the one at Hexi Newtown, where I usually drop my postcards and handle all my domestic EMS and registered mail.

Those two are the pictures of a tiny post office on Liugong Island in Weihai.

This one seems to be a pose office at Chengshantou which only has the ability to sell postcards and send postcards.

19 Likes

So now, you use Us stamps or Puerto Rico stamps?

It is the biggest post office in my city,which is called Rui’an.
The post office name is Wansong Post Office.

10 Likes

This is the first USPS contract unit I’ve been to. There are 13 contract units and 51 post offices on the island.

Canton Mall Contract Unit
8/8/2022

Marina Station, Mayagüez PR
8/13/2022

10 Likes

I just remembered I have photos of a post office of sorts…

Here’s me as a happy postal employee and Paulo as a bored customer. :joy:

The Postal Museum in Lisbon lets you pretend that you work for the postal service, and their mock post office is identical to what post offices looked a few years ago. It’s pretty neat!

36 Likes

I have recently rented a PO Box. I have been picking the closest post office to my house.
It seems that I have accidentally found the most beautiful post office in Warsaw:

21 Likes

In my neighborhood, the phrase “happy postal employee” would be considered an oxymoron.

2 Likes

Rio Piedras Station(San Juan)

Why is the clerk wearing gloves?

65th Infantery Station(San Juan)

Fitst time I see this style of postmark!

VictoriaStation(Aguadilla)

13 Likes

Tried new Post Office today, I never knew there’s post office in this building complex before

The Post Office is located in this building

The location is on the basement. Quite hard to find and the stairs to reach basement floor is quite hidden :rofl:

However it’s only around 8 mins walk from my house. The nearest post office I can reach. They also stick LPU barcodes there! So I can request the workers to put it in polite place

18 Likes

This is how the main post office of the small town of Tomsk looks like.

17 Likes