What do you make with no craft abilities?

Hey all you talented people out there. I am sending out my 1st cards & trying to make them special. The problem is I can’t craft! Any pointers to save me from drab cards?

2 Likes

Look into stickers and washi tape

3 Likes

@Jadzeea

Please have a look at this topic :arrow_right:Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art - there are many suggestions.

And there are a lot of suggestions too in the whole category #postcard-mail:mailart-handmade-stationery - I’m sure you’ll find lots of ideas that you can try out even if you don’t have any crafting talent.

I’m not sure if we need another topic in which all these suggestions are summarised again.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. You guys are so on it! Sorry :crazy_face:

1 Like

There is no need to apologise.
Everyone has to find their way around here first.

3 Likes

I’ve got those, just not that great with them

Thank you!

Some of us love fully written postcards. Just because there’s no decoration, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s “drab”. :slightly_smiling_face: What you, or I, have written is what can make it interesting.

8 Likes

I am sure to fill the cards in. I’m messaging my people to see if there is anything they want to ask about the area I live in. I just have fairly standard animal cards with sayings.

Thank you for reaching out!

1 Like

Another topic that’s worth looking into is:
Decorating the back of your →NON-HANDMADE POSTCARDS←
That’s about how people make “normal” postcards special.

2 Likes

Good afternoon :blush:
I don’t know if this would be helpful or not, I oftain decorate the back of my cards with stickers and or washi tape.
Because I have no real skill for art ( although I do enjoy arts and crafts) might I suggest the “light box trick” were you search the web for images that are free/ not copyright. Then use the light from the computer to trace the image onto the back of the postcard. And then simply color it in like a kids coloring page?
I have been using this technique for some time trying to learn watercolor ( I would not suggest using watercolor on the back of a postcard though) I don’t know if that is what you had in mind but it might help
Best wishes ~Harley

3 Likes

That light box trick sounds fun but I can’t access your link, would you mind posting a picture?

im not quiet sure what it was doing but it was simply a image of one of the drawings i had done, nothing exciting :rofl: (i am not tech savvy at all )
but i will try again in a moment

I had come up with the same solution. @harleyq2btrue Thank you

BTW. I love the name Harley!

1 Like

sssshh, dont tell, i stole it from my dog (our little secret) she is a rescue, she came with the name Harley Quinn & at two years old i didnt want to change it on her,& confuse her any more, we are her 4th and final home, yes my profile pic is her, as we are empty nesters with no grandkids, she’s my world. she loves to walk out to the mailbox in the afternoons & see what came in the mail for her. (we call it going for the world shortest walk) i know she doesn’t understand why. but she loves to go out and explore the front yard a bit.
but thank you for your kind words, :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ill give her a ear rub for you !

2 Likes

That is too sweet! When my mother passed she left me her service dog, named Luna. Luna is after the character in Harry Potter. She named her using my rules. All girls with strong female character names. So Luna joined my Ripley (Sigourney Weaver’s from Aliens) 3 yrs ago & now I have 2 service dogs. Sounds like we have a lot in common. If you are open to swapping or even want a pen pal, please let me know. I’m a 43 yr old, married, mother of 2 grown kids.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean to offend anyone. I just have no one that has wanted the postcards I am giving away in the games & I thought I should send something else.

Thank you for your quick response & helpful answers.

A few videos I made, playing with different media.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtDPQ-VhZhQsnI6a7-XxkMozoDipQeD1g

1 Like