What do you do with all your cards?

just started so for now i’ve put them all on my fridge but space will be quite rare once i keep going 😮‍💨😂

2 Likes

I’m putting my favorite postcards (visually and text-wise) on a wall with poster putty. I do receive some cards from Postcrossing and outside that I do not like so much so I’m recycling them and eventually when I have enough I’ll make a collage!

1 Like

One thing that occurs to me would be meeting someone at, say, a party or conference. In chatting you mention that you recycle (bin) ones you’ve found uninteresting (shall we say), with a response of “Oh, no! If you still had those I’d be happy to pay the postage for you to send them to me in a single large envelope so I could go through them for the stamps!”

I swap my cards with someone from postcrossing , maybe we could too
I’m a collecter of stamps , when i have a stamp on the card what he wants i swap all the card,
Mention you collect used stamps sometimes you get some with your card
Messages me for swapping me with the theme your interest are
Christine

I bought 12 of those magnetic picture frames. 12 postcards are displayed on my refrigerator. On the first of the month I take them out and put them in an album and then I put 12 more in the magnetic frames. I haven’t planned much after that but I do want to keep them.

2 Likes

I put a bunch of postcards and letters and a copy of my own journal from that year in a time capsule, and sealed it up in the wall of my house during renovations. The next person to renovate this house is going to have such an exciting find :smiley:

7 Likes

(post deleted by author)

3 Likes

I used to do postcrossing with my pupils at school, we decorated the classroom with them. At the end of school year there was a party and we displayed them in a room for everyone to see, on a line, attached with clothes pegs. It was nice!

2 Likes

I’ve kept them all! I mean - I couldn’t simply throw away what other people wrote me… Okay, so, I’m not organized enough to have folders, so most of my (growing and growing) collection is simply in cardboard boxes… :sweat_smile: But, some of my personal favorites are taped to the wall, so I always have something to look at, and to remind me there are nice people out there. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi Postcrossers,

Can anyone recommend a good branded Album with obverse and reverse transparency leaves so that I can store my postcards? Thanks in advance🙏🏼

Onwards@ Nitin

Perhaps you will find a suitable album in this topic, where users show how they keep their postcards.

1 Like

After reading this post, I realized that not everyone keeps postcards. For me, I have preserved all the postcards that I’ve received over the past few years, whether they were official, swap, or obtained through other ways. I just keep them all.
Some are stored in organizing boxes, some in shoeboxes, and others in photo albums.
However, I have never ever considered throwing any of them away. Even if some of the postcards I received aren’t my preferred type, or even if they appear strange or creepy, I still keep them all.
Postcards hold a deeper significance. like two unrelated points in the world, and the postcards serve as the connecting line between these two points, perhaps 2 points will never crossing.but postcrossing make that happened.
Well,I am not a philatelist; I simply love postcards,I enjoy reading the messages on the back, admiring beautiful stamps, and that’s all. I think maybe just a few boxes or a dozen boxes are enough to store decades worth of postcards. You can put the box in the corner,basement,loft or anywhere you wanna put.honestly, postcards?they don’t take up much space.
For me all these postcards are my most precious treasures, bearing the traces of time, like meteors sent to me by strangers. Sometimes, when I randomly pick one up and flip it over to read, it brings a smile to my heart,always will. :sparkles: :love_letter: :gift_heart:

4 Likes

I have an A-Frame attic in my house and I am wallpapering the walls with postcards! Its a labor of love but looks really neat :love_letter:

1 Like