What did you acquire for postcrossing?

Love the box these came in!

I would gladly take a couple of Dr. Who off ur hands. I can send a couple of ur likes from your profile in an envelope. Send me a pm if ur agreeable to this. My friend loves Dr who especially Tardis
 I think that’s what it’s called. Blue telephone box thing
 She talks about it alot.

1 Like

Oooh where can I get one of those???

My sticker addiction

Over 500 stickers for 9.99
I love Amazon

7 Likes

Recently we travelled to Chisinau, Moldova - it’s the home country of my husband. So I bought there some local cards.
I know that many people are not fans when a postcrosser lives in one country and sends cards showing another country, so I’ll send these postcards carefully.
Also, I bought some funny washi tape (so love them!)

15 Likes

I was doing what I can do best yesterday: shopping in thrift shops, when I came across a whole bunch of blank real vintage cards. I picked out a few leaving so many behind, but I was really happy with these. I have no idea of the date, it’s nowhere mentioned. The American one (with the colours) mentions that domestic needs one cent and foreign two cents. I looked it up on google, and in 1898 the domestic rate for postcards was 1 cent!

18 Likes

While on vacation for a week I got possibly too many postcards :rofl: I sent some while there, but a lot came home with me, as well

(I also got that lil’ radish. He helps me write the cards :wink: )

16 Likes

A sheet of these 1987 stamps. When the postal rate increases, I can use one of these and two forever stamps to equal $1.30

12 Likes

Oh my goodness, these are a real treasure! :star_struck:

1 Like

I know, I had to be in that neighbourhood again today and got a few more :wink:

1 Like

I bought far too many postcards (although far fewer than I would have liked to buy) and some lovely stamps. (The finnish posti issues beautiful stamps indeed.)

3 Likes

Recently I went on a three day trip here in Portugal, and of course I got postcards

These two from a tapestry museum

And these from a small town, Campo Maior

Back home I got some stamps. Nice variety this time!

22 Likes

Two cards I’d bought on Tradera (eBay) arrived. From two children’s books by author and artist Jan Lööf.

8 Likes

Some mini envelopes and beautiful postcards featuring flowers, herbs and Peranakan shophouses!

5 Likes

I want more!!! The box on the bottom right has so many nice ones that I didn’t even notice and the shop I bought it in had two options
I think I need the other box :joy: It’s been almost two weeks

3 Likes

Are you feeling shaky already? Welcome to the club! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Well obviously you meant to write that you won’t buy any more this month. There was a typo in there I guess :joy::joy: so since it is the next month
 well :woman_shrugging:t2::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes
new washi tape every month is fine
it’s when it’s a daily thing that you know you have a problem :joy: Ammirite??

5 Likes

Another good reason for us to visit that tapestry museum we’ve heard so much about — and Campo Maior as well! Both postcard series are gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

That whole area is definetly worth a visit. I also recommend it! :wink:
I didn’t really go looking for cards, but these just stared at me! :woman_shrugging:
The ones from the tapestry museum are details of the 1550 colours pallet they use.
In Campo Maior I visited two museums, Arte Sacra (Religious art) and Lagar (Olive Oil Mill) which were free, so getting the cards was a way of supporting them. That’s a good reason to get cards even though I have lots at home
 right? :blush:

5 Likes