What did you acquire for postcrossing?

Just got back from a Harry Potter exhibit and couldn’t resist purchasing the postcard collection.

14 Likes

There’s a Discworld Emporium? Amazing.

2 Likes

I don’t have photos as of yet, but I bought some postcards with local landmarks on them today :slight_smile: Exciting! Although, after a google I think I’ll either have to direct send them around Australia, or buy the pricier overseas stamps - the ones I got seem too cheap to send overseas, ooops!

5 Likes

I bought some vintage nature postcards from paper source today!

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart: Love them!

1 Like

I didn’t know these existed untill I found this topic on the forum, it’s a whole new world!

3 Likes

Welcome to Postcrossing and to the forum @blazingstar !
I’m sure you’ll find great recipients for your cards and stamps :blush:

1 Like

they are so pretty. I love finland stamps !

1 Like

I love cat and dogs one. Where did you get it from?

2 Likes

I am new to postcrossing I have been buying postcards, stamps and I own stationery which I use for my writing. Most of the profiles requested only cards, they do not prefer washi tapes, stickers, just beautiful cards and a personal message like the weather, my day, my favourite song. Guess I was paired with the right people, as I do prefer the same. I started collecting stamps and coins, it’s my new hobby. It’s interesting. I need to buy something to store my postcards but I haven’t found the right one yet.

6 Likes

That’s strange. I’ve written more than 4,500 cards since 2013 and only a handfull people strongly asked for NOT using tapes or stickers. To say in numbers, maybe 1-2 out of 500. So I am wondering that you came across so many (“most of…”) users who wish to have no tapes or stickers.

3 Likes

I got confused too.
Most profiles don’t say anything about that. Some say they like, some say they don’t. But really most don’t mention it and so I assume they think like me: sender decides and writes the card the way they want at that moment with or without decorations.

3 Likes

I have sent 15 of which 1 strongly recommended , 5 or 6 were partial about it. So I meant most of them.

1 Like

Oh no! no confusion please, maybe I got profiles that way.

1 Like

Cards and stamps from recent vacation.

17 Likes

My aunt found out I was into postcrossing and gave me her wonderful stamp collection as a gift! :sparkles: I am very happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

31 Likes

Today I bought maxicards and simple postcards at the post office.
These are not new releases, but I haven’t had them yet:

16 Likes

I usually put a Florida themed sticker of the back of my cards. I also have a bunch of different Forever stamps so I can try to match a design to what the person likes.

2 Likes

I don’t buy many postcards anymore these days (I have plenty), but I couldn’t resist these fun shaped ones:

Zeeland is a province of the Netherlands, consisting of a number of islands and peninsulas (hence its name, “Sea land”) and a popular holiday destination.

43 Likes

My brother is organising a conference and decided to advertise it using postcards (I wonder where he got that idea :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) so of course he had to give me one of each

Technically they are add cards, but I think I’ll be able to use them.

A label for the address and it’s ok, I think… do you agree?

18 Likes