What COVID-19 stamps does your country have?

COVID-19 has undoubtedly affected everyone around the world. Stamps, likewise, have been released to mark this unprecedented and unfortunate event.

What COVID-19 stamps does your country have? Here are some from Singapore:

1. COVID-19 Soapers series

1. Quirks in the Island City series: WFH stamp

19 Likes

Russia has the only stamp, which I do not really like in comparison with other countries. But it is my opinion.

10 Likes

Germany has none! :frowning: Our stamp issues are planned more than a year ahead…

1 Like

Switzerland only has this one. It is available as a sheet of ten that costs 50 CHF. For each stamp, 5 CHF are donated to organizations that help affected families and communities.

12 Likes

Indonesian Covid-19 stamps

18 Likes

Sweden doesn’t have any and I would be very surprised if they issue those, because they need full 2 years to plan stamp issues and they are pretty strict about that all the stamps has to have something to do with Swedish culture, nature etc. Could argue that COVID-19 has affect us enough to be made stamp of, but I would assume the post office is not going to make exceptions now. Although, they haven’t yet published next year stamp issue plans, so who knows what kind of surprises there will be.

3 Likes

Am I the only one who doesn’t like covid stamps and covid cards? :sunny:

8 Likes

I also had not liked before I got infected. But now I am just very grateful to all medical workers, one of them is my mom. I collected cards for her :heart:

8 Likes

Poland hasn’t issued any and they aren’t planned for 2021, but the issue plan is often modified during the year, so they might get added at some point. I don’t expect it but theoretically it could happen.

2 Likes

USA doesn’t have any. And you need to submit stamp suggestion ideas 3 or more years in advance. And they will not commemorate negative occurrences/disasters. I hope they’ll make an exception for Covid-19 though, even if the stamps don’t come out for a few years, because this has affected the world and will be part of our history.

12 Likes

21 Likes

We have only one Covid-19 stamp in Slovakia. 5f313ad149c8a31e2f1b41af_medium

19 Likes

Norway does also plan the stamps loooong before they’re issued. And I doubt they’ll change that to make a covid-19 stamp…

3 Likes

While that is true, German Post (precisely: the ministry of finance, which issues German stamps) can act quickly if they want. In 2002 they issued a charity stamp to help the victims of the heavy floodings (re-using a design from 1998): https://colnect.com/en/stamps/stamp/111282-Innundation_fund-Flood_Relief_Fund-Germany_Federal_Republic If the politicians want to, they can make it happen quickly. I just don’t have the feeling that the German politicians are interested in a COVID-19 stamp. :frowning_face:

Whow, mainland China even changed their usual secutity perforation to a heart shape!

4 Likes

Chinese COVID stamps are really expensive.

5 Likes

Here in the Philippines, PHLPost issued these stamps to honor key workers :slight_smile:

25 Likes

French Polynesia has one :

It replaced the yearly Heiva festival stamp - Heiva festival was cancelled because of you-know-what.

23 Likes

That’s really sad, but at least they’re wearing really cute masks!

3 Likes

They are made of fabric with local motifs, the same that are used to make pareos.

4 Likes

@AnnaLeonidovna @MostlyMess @Larch @Eosynthia @ZuzanaR @jill2t04 @honzuki Thank you so much for sharing. It’s really interesting to see the creativity from each country! :heart_eyes:

@Cassiopheia @Kompis-Ninna @delenn_mir @xxiiangel @Norway_girl @shugal Thanks for sharing too - I never realised that there are countries which plan their stamp issues way in advance, as I assumed that stamps, like in Singapore, would just be designed as and when the occasions arise. I definitely learnt something new :smiley:

@yudi @AnnaLeonidovna I guess it is just something which I find interesting, as it shows what a country is doing in the combat of COVID-19, e.g. through campaigns in Singapore.

@xxiiangel I agree that sometimes it might be sensitive to be seen as ‘commemorating’ a negative occurrence, but I guess it can also be seen as part of world history (as you rightfully said) or a tribute to the healthcare workers who have played a huge part in helping us through this crisis.

2 Likes