What Could I Send?

May I send a letter with an envelope?

3 Likes

You could send a letter but kindly see the profile of the person to who you are sending.
Because some might like to recieve a card stamped and marked while others might like it in a envelope to protect it from the moisture , humidity and to protect it from curious eyes also .
But it is better if u send a card according to me as people have joined postcrossing to recieve cards not a letter , but it is entirely up to you. I love recieving letters as well as cards as letters are more spacious to write messages but a card also depicts a beutifull scene.
Hope i haven’t confused you further. :smile:

Best wishes
B Shashidar Pai

2 Likes

You can send a letter but you should include a postcard in the envelope. This is clearly written in the FAQ https://www.postcrossing.com/help/what-can-i-send-on-postcrossing

Postcrossing is a postcard exchange page and not a letter exchange page.

Please read the profile(s) carefully if someone also appreciates to receive a letter or a card within an envelope. Most people prefer their cards written and stamped.

6 Likes

You are really new, welcome!

I think @grizzabella has answered your question well. Postcrossing is for sending and receiving Postcards and not for exchanging letters.

Because your main Postcrossing profile is not filled out, I do not know how good your English is. If you would rather ask your question in Chinese, there is also a Chinese Language Section in the Forum. The people there can also help you with questions like “what is a postcard.”

Best wishes and again, welcome!

2 Likes

@postbot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@postbot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@postbot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@postbot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Allow the world to live as it chooses, and allow yourself to live as you choose. — Richard Bach

@postbot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Hello,
Since the website is created for postcard, i think first at all you have to send a postcard. Sending in an envelope is not always available because some people like me do not like this way. However, some people would appreicate it. You’d better check their profile that if they like or not.
What can be sent within an envelope besides a postcard? As my experience, China Post allows most tiny items. I have sent candy, tea bags, bookmarks, washi tape, etc…The only thing is you need pay more money because the weight becomes larger. If you really want to send something, i recommand EMS rather than normal post.

你好,
因为这个网站是一个以交换明信片为目的的网站,所以你肯定得寄明信片。你可以放在信封里,但不是所有人都喜欢这样,比如我就不喜欢放在信封里。不过也有人喜欢。你可以看一下对方的主页有没有特地提到这点。
我几年前在中国寄的时候,大部分小东西都可以直接放信封里和明信片一起寄出去,比如茶包、纸胶带分装、书签等。不过因为这些小东西的重量,你可能要付额外的邮资。而且信封有破损的可能。如果你想寄小礼物建议走EMS更安全也更快。

1 Like