What are these German stamps?

Hi,

I have seen many stamps from Germany, which show objects made from paper. For example

What is the name of this series? How many stamps are there?

Thanks for your help in advance !!

8 Likes

This is our new definitive stamp series called “Welt der Briefe” (= World of Letters).

As it is our definitive series all stamp rates are covered, but most of them are not suitable for postcards (it would be severe overpaying) :sweat_smile:

There are 8 designs at or below international postcard rate available (5, 32, 37, 45, 50, 70, 85 and 95 eurocents). Here is a complete list: Welt der Briefe – Wikipedia

13 Likes

They are the new German standard series of stamps called “World of Letters” (Welt der Briefe). You can see some of them here and there.

5 Likes

Found the whole set photo.

11 Likes

I hate these code labels on the stamps!

5 Likes

They are for tracking the letter in Germany and they actually work. It is not pretty, I agree, but they are very useful if you want to know when your letter arrives at its destination

6 Likes

I think it wonderful that your normal mails can be tracked without extra payment :blush::blush:

2 Likes

Well it only works inside Germany, but it is pretty neat :blush:

1 Like

Are they??? I didnt know that. I have send so much with this QR-code… :sob:

1 Like

Yes, if you have the Deutsche Post App, you can scan this code and it will show your stamp and track your letter/postcard inside of Germany or until it leaves Germany from an Airport

4 Likes

They form a puzzle

16 Likes

there’s also this one, looks like it could go with:

9 Likes

This one is from the next puzzle. It’s called puzzle 2023. The previous one was puzzle 2021-2022. Though the year on the stamps can be a little confusing.

3 Likes

They will release more stamps to complete the series. I wish they skipped the bar codes for this series, really ruins the beauty of the puzzle.

4 Likes

I’m not sure how it works, because you need scan the code to track it. But if you can’t scan the code? Or you just need scan it once when you send it out?

1 Like

Hey, I am new here, and I want to send the postcard internationally (from Germany to New Zealand). When I came to the post office, they gave me this stamp. I checked it on the internet and i saw it is used only within Germany. I am not sure that it is correct. I want to ask which stamp should I used to send postcard from Germany to New Zealand

2 Likes

You can use it internationally also, but postage for postcard needs to be 95, so you will need stamps of 10 more cents.

It says no blank cards, but I have received many blank cards from Germany. But someone from Germany can tell more.

2 Likes

You can use any combination of stamps, but postage needs to be 95 cents. Therefore you need an additional 10 cents covered by other stamps if you want to use the one shown.

2 Likes

There are seals on adhesive and plain paper

3 Likes