What about to “Giveaways Section”

Some people giving their postcards but they doesn’t have any special place for giveaways.What about to have one like lotteries and bingo?under the games and activities section

I think that fits into the section for trades and offers.

1 Like

I agree with @RalfH. People usually offer them in the trades category and in #games-activities:lotteries.

2 Likes

I agree. For the past 10 years, I have been running this free monthly offer on Postcrossing. Have given away thousands of postcards.

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/re-opened-april-gratis-postcards-unwritten-postcards-for-you/42443/190

2 Likes

I think I understand why “offers” could be confusing under “trades and offers.” I think maybe when it is under “trades and offers” people think oh, I want something back. But with “giveaways” it would be very clear that the person offering something does not expect anything in return.

I agree @bayankod that the current “Trades and Offers” section also covers offers that are giveaways. You can follow @anon95027724 's example of a monthly giveaway or just do an offer whenever you want. If you want to be clear that it is a givaway, maybe you could phrase the topic like “Giveaway - Disney Postcards” or something like that.

Good luck, and I hope your extra postcards find good homes!

2 Likes