Welcome to the Forum!

Hello and greetings from a very small town in Northern California, USA. I am new to postcrossing and greatly enjoying it so far. I have had real mail pen pals for most of my life, but was more involved with the internet for the past decadeish. I’m looking forward to getting back into real mail, meeting people from all over the world, and perhaps making lasting friendships.

I was raised in a literary family and I have always loved to write, but I prefer writing for people to writing for publication and profit.

4 Likes

Hello I am from New York, about 90 minutes north of New York City, where the landscapes are much different. I am on many FB postcard swaps groups as well as Postcrossing. However, I prefer it here much better because its all organized for me. I can keep track of my swaps very easily. I was swapping too much on FB and got overwhelmed.

I collect vintage postcards, I am not sure for what-as they sent sit in drawers. I will shuffle through them to look for a specific type of card though if someone is requesting a certain theme or type. I have no problem swapping my vintage cards.

I LOVE used Christmas stamps! Actually I love any used stamps, as I make “junk” journals and other crafts with them. So if anyone ever wants to swap stamps, I am interested. RIght now I just received one pound of vintage stamps from Spain!

4 Likes

Hi, my name is Hermi from the Netherlands.
I joined Postcrossing in 2010.
Also I like to join meetings too, so I’ve been to Norway, UK, Belgium and of course the Netherlands.
I hope this Covid thing is soon over and we can travel to foreign meetings.
All the best.

4 Likes

Hi. I live in Henrico, VA which is a suburb of Richmond. I am just getting started with Postcrossing - I have not received a card yet, but two of mine have been. I am really enjoying learning about all the cities and towns where my postcards are going. I really enjoy geography, culture, and history and Postcrossing fits all those niches.

4 Likes

We have a LONG way to go in the USA.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Emily, English. Really excited to be here- this all seems absolutely lovely!

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I am Ekaterina and I live in a city in Russia. I love reading books in both Russian and English, listening concerts of piano and violin and enjoy musical pieces in crossover style like the ones that great Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli does. Looking forward to exchanging mails and postcards.

2 Likes

Hello! my name is Anastasia, i’m from Russia, but recently moved to England! I like walking, drawing and cinema, mystical films, detective stories and French comedies) I will be glad to meet you and exchange postcards :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m Sue and I live in Southern California! I’ve enjoyed sending and receiving postcards from everyone. I’ve told several of my friends about Postcrossing!

3 Likes

Howdy! I’m Kimberly from the Seattle, Washington, area. When I’m not hanging around airplanes, I’m on the lookout for postcards and stamps. The new forum is great! I’m really happy to see so many folks here.

5 Likes

Hello, I’m Mark from the UK, living just north of London.

I joined Postcrossing less that a month a go, so it’s all new to me and I need to get some more postcards for the all the different requests! But that’s a bit difficult in the current world, except buying online, as I’d like to try and find some that are from the local area if I can, but no luck online for that.

I’ve received some postcards, which has been great.

Stay safe and all the best,

Mark

6 Likes

Hey y’all!

So, best introduce myself…I am Lucy. I live in Somerset, England, with my partner, Mark, and our cornsnake, George. I enjoy postcrossing, penpalling, researching my family history, doing a One Place Study of local history, reading and listening to all kinds of music.

I had the pleasure of meeting @meiadeleite and @paulo in 2013 and they are awesome folks! I have not been active for a while but am ready to start sending postcards again.

It is nice to meet you all.

4 Likes

Hi Mark! Welcome to postcrossing! I have an enormous collection of London-area postcards going spare. I would be happy to send you some of them. Spirit of the Blitz, er… I mean Pandemic, eh what? I’ll DM you with details.

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’m Maria from Greece. We dont have a big PC community here and living on an island does not help me much to attend meetings.

Im silent in forums usually, but this one looks a bit more hospitable so I might “talk” a bit.
I love games and tags but Im always afraid I didnt catch the rules right!! :grimacing:

I like drawing and crafting, writing letters, sewing masks (oh the times we live in…), making home liquors and other random stuff!

keep up the good work in here, im glad i found you!

6 Likes

Hi all!

After a long time (5 years more or less) I am back at Postcrossing. I used to be very active but I stopped sending postcards due to the increase of postal prices, work, I started to practice sport so I didn’t spent so much time as before in front of my computer.

But I miss to receive something cute and nice in my mailbox, so a couple of days ago, I decided to re-join this hobby.

I have already written some postcards and I felt like I was new to this :slight_smile:

I live in Pamplona (North Spain), I’m 39 now. I work as an administrative at logistics. Sometimes it’s a very stressful job so I avoid stress practicing indoor cycling, swimming and jogging.

I love cats and I am against animal cruelty. I also like to travel (I have a camper now), cook and eating out. But now, the restaurants are closed due to Covid, so I spend more time cooking at home :slight_smile:

Nice to meet you all! I feel now like a new member :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hi, I’m Donna from Wisconsin, USA. I’ve been PC since 2012 & still love it! I’m a retired nurse, love to make things, laugh & enjoy people!

5 Likes

Hello everybody! It’s very nice to find out about this new forum. I’m Angélica from southeastern Brazil. I enjoy reading and daydreaming, I also like to learn new languages :smile:

8 Likes

Hello, I’m Sercan. I’m from Turkey but this year I moved to Netherlands. I have been Postcrossing for 5 years. Thanks to everyone who made this possible. New forum looks very good.
I like stamp sheets, especially bird sheets. I decided to choose birds as a theme but I like all kinds of stamps.
I work as a software engineer. It takes almost all my time and energy. Besides postcrossing I like playing chess and hiking.
Wish you all the best,

Sercan

7 Likes

Hello everyone.

I’m David, from England. I’ve sent off my first five postcards, so I’m just waiting for them to (hopefully) wing their way to their destinations.

I enjoy travelling and learning more about the world, and as the world has shrunk somewhat this year, I thought Postcrossing would be a great way to widen my horizons and meet new people.

I look forward to getting to know this community better, and if anybody knows a good place to buy postcards online in the UK, please do let me know :smile:

8 Likes

Hello!
I’m Moonkate, from Guangdong China. I started postcrossing this year, exactly on August. I like collect postcard from all over the world. This is an amazing thing!

7 Likes