Welcome to the Forum!

Hello, lovely people!

My name is Maria and I’m from Bulgaria.
I made my Postcrossing profile when I was 15 and still a teenager. I used to send postcards after school from the only post office in my small hometown. I remember how happy and excited it made me feel to communicate and exchange postcards with people worldwide. I don’t remember how or why I stopped being active on the site.

Right now I’m almost 27 and decided to revive this old hobby of mine. I’m living with my boyfriend in the capital city of Sofia, where I moved a few years ago. I love to wake up and have tea on the terrace, looking at the beautiful Vitosha mountain. There are so many post offices around, there’s even one in the building I live in!!! (So no excuses this time :smile: )

4 Likes

@meowmi
With OPEN ARMS we say

Has the washi tape bug bit you yet? They are a wonderful addition to ANY postcard! Maybe, just maybe you’ll WIN SOME:
https://community.postcrossing.com/t/wonderful-wednesday-jan-18-lengths-of-washi-tape-plus-a-bonus/507536

Good-luck :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome, @Nique! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m participating.
(The people at the local post office already know me… It’s been a week since I started going there. :laughing: )
Hope you’re all having an amazing day!

2 Likes

Hi! My name is Dasha. I live in Kyiv, Ukraine. Postcrossing is something new for me. 63 days ago I sent 5 postcards but I didn’t receive any. There is a fierce war in Ukraine right now. We are deprived of many opportunities. But the Ukrainian postal service is operating normally no matter what. Maybe Ukraine is blocked to receive mail from other countries? Or can I still receive postcards in Ukraine? I’m really looking forward to. Thank you! Take care of yourself!

6 Likes

Hello, Dasha!
I’m Chiharu. Actually, I’m new here too. Nice to meet you all.
The postcard I sent from Japan took 89 days to reach Kyiv. I am sure that the postcards addressed to you will reach you under the relay of many people, even if it takes a long time.
I hope that you will be able to spend your life in peace as soon as possible.

6 Likes

Hi,

Be sure to sign up for New Member Monday lottery, to get new postcards and a prize!

Helen judohelen

3 Likes

Thank you! I will check it out! :grinning:

3 Likes

They say good things come in two’s @Daria_Stebliuk and @rururuzzz :gloves: :athletic_shoe::athletic_shoe: :two_women_holding_hands:

That’s no coincidence‼️

Good things come in two’s…like YOU​:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Good evening everyone,
I’m Amanda from South Australia, I joined Postcrossing a while back but never really sat down and explored the forum for some reason, so here I am!
I have a lot of hobbies - I enjoy embroidery, papercraft, lace-making, beading, geocaching, stamp collecting, Postcrossing (of course!) and more!
I found Postcrossing in 2015 through Australia Post’s “Stamp Bulletin” magazine.

4 Likes

@Amanda5417

baby-hip-hip-hooray

From those of us on the Forum😊

1 Like

Thank you Nique!

2 Likes

Hello!
My name is Genevieve and I’m a French-speaking Canadian. Since my father and my maternal grandmother were travel agents, they were the ones who started my collection. When friends go on vacation, I ask them to send me postcards of where they are staying. I do the same for my penpals when I go on vacation myself. Sending and receiving postcards from foreigners will therefore be new to me and I am happy to embark on this adventure. I’m a snail mailer since several years and a stationery/washi/sticker/stamp addict. I’m happy to have discovered Postcrossing! :smiley:

3 Likes

@MissPlume
love-hearts

Bienvenue à Postcrossing chère Genevieve💌

2 Likes

Hello!
My brother recently registered for postcrossing . And he wants to share on the forum. But it doesn’t have an exchange category or a lottery category. Is this a bug or does he need to send or teach a certain number of postcards? How does he unblock this topic?

2 Likes

Oi! Hi! I am Lorena, I am from Brazil and I live in London! I love the idea of exchanging postcards with people from all around the world. I created my profile in 2017 and sent my first postcard back then. My profile was inactive for a while, but I rediscovered it now and intend to be as active as possible. I found Postcrossing through a friend when I moved abroad.

3 Likes

Hello @Lore-nah :brazil: :uk:

You’ve been a Postcrosser since 2017??!!

I too enjoy “quotes”. My favourite at the mo is:

Why don’t you mozie on over and check out this tag :slightly_smiling_face:

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/favourite-quote-tag/13147

2 Likes

Hi @Nique!
Yes, I signed up in 2017 but did not have much activity
That’s an inspiring motto, I share this same belief
Thanks for the forum recommendation, I will surely lose track of time browsing through it :grin:

3 Likes

Hi everybody,I am a Chinese Student in Xi’an SHAANXI.Welcome to Xi’an and you can enjoy your trip by yourself or send massage to me,maybe I will help you in Xi’an!:smiley:

2 Likes

@anon55398232 WELCOME :wave:

It’s so good for us to be here, isn’t it?

With your :heart: for European Medieval Castles…

Perhaps someone can fill in that special request here:
https://community.postcrossing.com/t/wishlist-tag-request-wishlist-tag/931
:european_castle:

3 Likes