Welcome to the Forum!

Hello! Hola!

Happy member of this community from Asturias (North of Spain), I’ve met many good penpals through this past 2 years. Looking forward to enjoy the new forum :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome, Clicka!

I am the Volunteer Coordinator of the Random Acts of Smileness for Charity! Everyone, look over there to see how you can help some isolated person, today!

The rest of the time, I am a Toastmaster (a club for speaking to groups) and I participate in several Reading Challenges with Goodreads.com. I am on my way to read 800 books this year (a lot of them children’s books)! I have two cats and two parakeets, whom I love dearly. I watch videos in the evening, to relax. During the day, I take a 30-minute walk in my neighborhood & park, every day, rain or shine!

Helen Alexander

4 Likes

Hello! ¡Hola!

My name is Beatriz and I come from Spain. I write letters and send postcards to my penfriends since 1992, so as you can guess, I love everything about mail. I joined Postcrossing in 2010 but had to stop sending cards regularly around 2014-2015 because of moving so much. I have just come back. :blush: What a lovely Postcrossing Forum we have now! :love_letter:

I come from northwestern Spain (Galicia) where I grew up bilingual in Spanish and Galician. I can also speak English and Catalan. I live in Catalonia now, only 35Km from the border with France, which is really curious because the place where I was born is located 60Km away from the border with Portugal. That means I have the chance to visit both Portugal (always that I come back to Galicia) and France often. I really like international environments.

I love the sea/ocean and anything related to Oceanography/Marine Science/Earth Science/Natural Science, playing piano, reading, music, photography, travelling, learning languages, animals, nature, sports, drawing and painting, arts & crafts, scrapbooking, maps, wooden/clear stamps (have a good collection already), and, of course, anything related to postcards, stamps and letters…

I also run (together with some penfriends) a mail-related Facebook group called “Penpalling and Letters”. It is not about posting penpal-ads only but about mail discussion topics, getting to know each other and organizing events where people can exchange something in the mail. You can find my mail-related Instagram profile under the username: penpallingandletters

Greetings from Spain!

6 Likes

Hallo everyone!

I am Angela and new to this forum. Earlier this year I started postcrossing again. Great to be back. I love the small presents in my mailbox, but also to send presents all over the world!

This year I started to learn how to play the piano and I start a new hobby called dotpainting (stippen in dutch). I warn you, dotpainting is addictive, but isn’t postcrossing too?

Happy Postcrossing!
Angela

2 Likes

Hi Everyone, I’m a 40 yr old male navy officer and I must say I really like the postcrossing concept. I can see from the homepage that it is booming worldwide, so no doubt this will be a very big thing in the near future.

2 Likes

Hello There !

I’m Sylvie, from Paris, France. I hope you are healthy and your life is happy !
I’m not a regular postcrosser but I I try to do my come back today :smile:
See you later.

Sylvie.

5 Likes

Hello! My cat Stroopwafel and I are sending and receiving postcards in Baltimore, MD. We love seeing what other people are sending!

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to see the new forum!

I’m Jeff, 60, and live in Miami, Florida, but I’m not FROM there. I grew up in Iowa, traveled all over with the Army for 20 years, and have somewhat settled down now in Miami. But my wife and I have no objections to traveling.

I’m not going to live long enough to see everywhere I want to see, so I’m grateful for an interesting hobby like Postcrossing!

Regards!

3 Likes

Welcome! I wonder if your tomcat is named after his favourite dish. Or is his fur sticky like the Dutch Stroopwafels?

3 Likes

I get easily distracted and I thought this wasnt where I was supposed to introduce myself so I explored everything else first :sweat_smile:

I’m Tomoe, living now in New York, USA.
My hobbies are gaming, reading, paper crafting like collage, book binding, looking at cute animals, and tea :relaxed:

Used to be on Postcrossing back in 2016-2017 but closed my account when I became really ill.
I’m much better now and I can send postcards again so I eagerly came back. It sure has grown and changed!

I like the new forum look overall from what I remember of the old one. I liked the dog gif the bot gave me, it was cute.

I always tell new acquaintances about Postcrossing when I’m not gushing about instant photography, it’s just amazing how many of us like sending and receiving cards

6 Likes

Hello! I’m Lauren, from Virginia USA. I enjoy art, reading, photography, and sports. I’m enjoying my Sunday morning watching Premier League, drinking coffee, and snuggling with my two dogs. I’m excited to explore this new Forum and get to know fellow Postcrossers even better :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello everyone, I am from China and live in Nanning, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. I am now participating in an internship in Shenzhen. I have been diving in postcrossing for almost four years. I am very happy to enter the new forum.

4 Likes

He is just as sweet, and his fur is colored like the pastry!

2 Likes

Hello, friends! I’m Julia. I live in Siberia, Russia. In postcrossing 6.5 years. I like to give joy to people.

6 Likes

Hello, I am Marie from the smiling coast of the Gambia. Try to be active, but gambian postal rates are high, the postal system not very relyable and beeing online often has speed and volume problems.

13 Likes

Hello! I’m Mary, from Florida, USA. I’ve been on Postcrossing just over a year now (I know, what fortuitous timing!) and love it. And now, this new forum community is simply amazing! My thanks to the hard work of those organizing it!

3 Likes

Hi Olga
My name is Chuck I’m in the USA.
I’m new to Post carding and already I love it.
I hope you have a wonderful Day.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Looking for postcards from Iran

Hi, my name is Nigel. I live in the very north of Scotland. I live with my dog, Max. I am 62 years young and have travelled a lot of the world. I buy and sell stamps and also have a twitter account with 15200 followers. I am interested in world affairs, birdwatching and photography. I welcome messages and chats from anyone and look forward to sending and receiving postcards with members of the group.

4 Likes

Hello!
I’m Toivo, from Estonia. I sent and received a few cards years ago via Postcrossing. Looking forwards to start again. I’m also looking for a few pen pals who’d like to share their thoughts on cultural interests (languages, books, history etc).

4 Likes