Welcome to the 1st Annual Fall Handmade Postcard Exhibition – September 2023!

Visitors - feel free to “heart” every card you really like. The cards with the most hearts will be winners of this show. You can visit multiple times because artists may continue to post new creations. And we invite you to participate in the lottery associated with this exhibition and will post the link to it on September 24.

Artists and creative types who would like to post their handmade postcard art on the theme of Fall or Autumn, which has historically been associated with some very deep themes: plenty, ripening, harvest, and abundance; and, at the same time, change, decay, decline, old age, and even death, with associations of things being past their prime, please follow these rules:

1. Only one card per posting

2. You may post more than one card (each in their separate posting) with a maximum of 5 cards in total.

3. Feel free to include a short description of techniques used, inspirations or explanations. Titled or untitled at your choice. And please add the word “Willing” if you are willing to offer your card – if it is one of the top winners – to the winner of the lottery. No worries if not – I will have other ways to reward them.

4. Artists are also welcome to “heart” as many cards as you like (including your own!) and to participate in the lottery as well.

5. Winners will be announced next weekend. Sorry - only one prize per person!

Enjoy, one and all!

17 Likes

Announcing the winners :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: of this Exhibition!

Thank you all who participated, artists and art appreciators both! With 743 views and 632 likes, it has been a fantastic experience to be part of!

Here are top 3 winners based on their number of likes (only one prize per person – sorry!):

@silentmagician with her marker and pen Halloween card who received 59 hearts! Congratulations! Please PM me your address.

@bell91095 with her Bird and Squash Blossom quilted fiber art who received 55 hearts! Congratulations! Please PM me your address.

@risa38a1db with her Halloween-appropriate card who received 53 hearts! Congratulations! Please PM me your address.

Also noteworthy:
@Oceanfun with Conversations - 44 hearts

@bell91095 with Embroidered fiber art - 44 hears

@Appaloosa05 with Red Squirrel & Acorn - 40 hearts

@gailthesnail - 35 hearts

@risa38a1db with Autumn leaves - 33 hearts

@KolmeNoitaa - 29 hearts

@bell91095 - Tiny Log Cabin Quilted - 28 hearts

@MsKoby - 27 hearts

Congratulations to all the artists who entered into this Exhibition! It has been a pleasure to see your work and to share it with the Postcrossing community!

Please continue scrolling below to see all the entries and the artists’ comments and explanations.

26 Likes

Thank you :hugs:!

Last flowers :blossom::maple_leaf::herb:

We all love flowers, their smell and color :bouquet::seedling:. On this postcard there are the last autumn flowers before the cold winter, they are bright like autumn and warm like the sun :fallen_leaf:

17 Likes

Thanks for a great project! I enjoyed painting it. Hope you have a sweet autumn season :sparkles:

#1 Halloween

54 Likes

#2 Autumn leaves

33 Likes

#3 Fallen leaves

25 Likes

Here is my entry:

I created this design with the idea of Mabon in mind as well as autumn in general.
I’d also be willing to offer it in the lottery. :slight_smile:

Made with papers, stickers, washi tapes and wax drippings.

30 Likes

Prismacolor marker, paint pen, Sharpie, and gold and silver gel pens (just imagine the stars, cauldron and magic wand sparkling even if you can’t tell :wink:)

60 Likes

#1 Red Squirrel & Acorn
Watercolor and Ink
Willing to use for lottery

42 Likes

#2 By the Old Stone Bridge
Watercolor and Ink

21 Likes

#3 Three Toadstools
Watercolor

13 Likes

No 4 @Oceanfun
Conversations

45 Likes

I painted this one for my granddaughter. It was from a tutorial by Harriet de Winton.

37 Likes

Card no 1

21 Likes

Card 2

21 Likes

As the weather cools, I return to quilting … this is a tiny log cabin pattern, quilted. Willing to share.

31 Likes

Embroidered fiber art. Reminds me of summer flowers last show before resting … Willing to share.

47 Likes

Quilted fiber art. Willing to share.

59 Likes

This is a watercolor pumpkin I painted for the handmade round robin.

29 Likes

Acrylic paint poured with pumpkin painted with neon fine liner

11 Likes