Weird to send these stamps to someone?

Recently, I bought some 1st local stamps that are usually used for sending mail within Singapore, but it can also be used for postage top up.
Although I have already mailed some out, this question still remains in my mind rent free.
Two of the stamps within this series says “ best friends forever” and “lets be together”. Since we technically don’t know each other well, would it be weird to send them to someone? ( they look very nice though)
Also, if you received them, would you actually like them?

20 Likes

I personally think they are cute and would not have a problem if I received them. I don’t think they would be misunderstood as a personal message from you to the receiver. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Thank you! I was actually wondering if it could be misunderstood, and you put in in words for me.

1 Like

I like them. very personalised.

1 Like

Love them! They are beautiful, I would not think it is a personal message do not worry

2 Likes

If you are concerned, you can always save the yarn one for profiles who mention they like to sew, knit or crochet, but everyone eats, so the salt and pepper is even less to worry about. I do think they would be fine with most anyone.
That being said, honestly my favorites of that series has to be the fried eggs🍳, and then the typewriter, with S&P coming in third.

2 Likes

These are adorable! If I received one, it wouldn’t even occur to me that it might be a proposition. :laughing:

5 Likes

I think these are all super sweet and receiving any of them would put a smile on my face :relaxed:

2 Likes

may be you can send it to your pen pal!

1 Like

Yes, that’s a great idea, I think my penpal will like it.

1 Like

They are cute. In my opinion , won’t be weird to send them to someone.

2 Likes

I like most of the stamps. And to me it’s not weird to send them to postcrossers. Maybe I would send them only to people whom I feel comfortable with to send them. Or if the picture fits to the profile (for example the guitar to someone liking music, the eggs to somebody who is in for cooking and food and so on). It’s definitely not weird to me to send them.

1 Like

I like those postage stamps, thank you for sharing the images of these stamps.

1 Like

Wow, they’re cool. I would be just happy to get them :slight_smile: I don’t think anyone misunderstood anything. If you don’t mind, I would be happy to exchange a postcard with such stamps with you:)

1 Like

Really beautiful stamps!

1 Like

I’m a Singaporean too, and actually there is a tag on this forum where you get to choose the stamps another Postcrosser offers. So far, a few Postcrossers have already picked stamps like “Best Friends Forever”, so I don’t think it’s an issue at all.

As a stamp collector, I actually welcome stamps like these when they are sent to me. :grin:

3 Likes

I’ll send you a PM.

Stamps with weapons are really weird to send to someone, but it turnes out there are collectors for them too. As for your stamps, they are lovely :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They’re fun. I’d be pleased to receive. They’re only stamps. The whole point of Postcrossing is friendship after all. No need for reciprocation either, unless people want this

1 Like

I really like the stamp with a heart shaped yarn ball because I’m a knitter :yarn: :heart_eyes:

If you still have that stamp and you would like to swap for a card from Finland, send me a message :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like