Wednesday February 24th, 2021 at 5pm

:world_map:   Oslo, Norway
:pushpin:   Deichmanske bibliotek, Bjørvika
:alarm_clock:   February 24th, 5pm
:page_facing_up:   Chatting about Postcrossing and other things

UPDATE: meetup is on! Let’s meet in the lobby of the library :smiley:

Hello! Let’s try a meetup in February - but with the restrictions in Oslo currently it’s impossible to say whether this will have to be on Zoom again. In which case I hope @marit_la will be able to host us again :smile: It would be wonderful to meet in person but we’ll just have to wait and see whether that will be possible!

Welcome to the February meetup!

The café, if we get to go there, has about the selection you’d expect. Hot and cold drinks, some warm meals, and some cold things to eat like sandwiches and cinnamon buns.

If you’re new, look for our sign with the Postcrossing logo which we’ll hopefully remember to put up at the table. Otherwise a bunch of postcards and pens and various supplies are usually a giveaway.

Bring postcards to write, to swap or to show off. Or just come and hang out with other Postcrossers. Welcome!

If you’re planning to attend, RSVP. I will see about booking a table for us in advance IF it’s possible to meet in person.

We will have meetup cards, stickers and stamp available as usual.

There’ll probably be quite a bit of talk about the various future meetups we’re planning, but just so it’s said: anyone is free to come and go whenever they like, it’s not mandatory to stay for the whole meetup. And no problem if you show up late. Although then you will probably have a whole pile of stuff to sign dumped on you.

@KAS: It’s your job to promote this on Facebook as usual. :smile:

As Espresso House is allowed to open up from today, lets hope it stay that way.

If things changes, I’m ready to hos an oline meetup instead.

I will attend.

Hope restrictions allow, in which case I’ll be there :grinning:

Promoting is happening!

Seems like things can be opening up as of Thursdag 18 February, so looking good for a meetup at Espresso House.

Fingers crossed!! :smiley: :crossed_fingers:

This meetup will either have to be online or we have to change the venue. Espresso House is only open for takeaway. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Is anywhere else open? I’d prefer to meet up with you guys tomorrow, I need my Zoom meetup cards from @marit_la :grin: But I don’t really care where. Anywhere downtown?

Is the library open? Could go there?

Edit: looks like they are. https://deichman.no/aktuelt/_4209ef92-3fc8-4449-ae82-98b033e74374

Yes, the main library is open, that’s a great idea! Should we just move it there? I need my meetup cards too … :wink:

The library in Bjørvika was open on 13 February, so the cafe there is a nice option.

It will be open 8am-10pm tomorrow. Perfect! I will leave this thread as it is until 8pm to see if any objections surface, then I will edit the thread. See you guys tomorrow! :smiley:

Great, see you tomorrow!