Website downtime and maintenance breaks

I’m creating this topic to report planned maintenance breaks or unexpected hiccups on Postcrossing’s servers that might cause the website to be unavailable for a bit.

These downtimes usually don’t last very long, so if you bump into one, please be patient, take a little break while we work on things and try again later! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Is everything okay today?

I searched the forum for an announcement about maintenance but I didn’t find anything.

1 Like

It’s back up on my end!

Everything is ok and the site should be back now! Just a quick upgrade to a bigger server, ahead of the World Postcard Day spike. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And in a few minutes we’re going to downgrade the server, now that the World Postcard Day peak is behind us. Should be just a few minutes of downtime!

…aaaaaand we’re back! :slight_smile: Carry on!

There’s a security update to the database server on the to-do list for today — the website should be down for less than 5 minutes. :slight_smile:

And we’re back — all good!

So lucky to witness the few-minute long update - my first time!
Thanks a lot for maintaining such a wonderful website!

Thank you. I’m facing this issue when I am registering my postcards… But it’s returned to normal finally.

It’s been a bit of a wild ride with the database server today :sweat_smile: but hopefully things have quieted down now.

8 Likes

Just letting everyone know we’re going to be updating the forum software in a little bit — please expect some downtime (though hopefully not too long).

4 Likes

Well, the good news is that the downtime was short! But on the other hand, some images seem to be missing… we’re working on it! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I was trying to upload some to a pm and wondering what on earth I was doing wrong. Now I understand!

Quick maintenance break on the main site today — we’ll be back in a minute, if all goes well! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

…aaaaand done, all systems good. Carry on!

8 Likes

Just a quick heads up that the website will be down soon for about 5 minutes or so, while we reboot to make some security updates on the database server. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

…and back! All good. :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks for all your hard work to keep things running smoothly! :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Sorry for all the hiccups today! :weary: Paulo was trying to address one issue and ended up causing another… Things should be back to normal now that the misbehaving bit of code has been found.

5 Likes