Washi tape discussions!

Thank you ! Yes we have HEMA here, but I had never seen their washi tapes… but that’s a good thing if they are too sticky :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve heard that before that cheap washitapes don’t age well. Sometimes they loose their adhesive quality (which isn’t the worst thing, you can always help that with a glue stick), but sometimes the entire roll will stick together and the tape can’t be peeled off anymore.
This has already happened to one or two of my rolls, but I don’t remember where I bought them, only that they were quite cheap. Being a hoarder myself I guess that’s just a risk I’ll have to live with…

:green_heart: :fox_face:

3 Likes

They do have very nice stickers and clear stamps, though… :innocent:

1 Like

Had those sticky washi tapes, too. :confused: I found an eraser in my craft supplies. No special brand - was a gift. With this eraser I can rub off the sticky stuff from the front without destroying the tape. I use a glue stick, too. So the tape cannot peel off while using the eraser. Maybe this helps someone, too.

I’ve never been to Action so far. They have washi tapes? :face_with_peeking_eye: :flushed:

They are lovely!!! I have been looking for something like this. I don’t dare to ask but where did you get them? :honeybee:

Oh that’s sad!

Their space themed ones are fine, they come off the roll easier than the ones I have from Action :confused:

2 Likes

For a long time, only was a sient reader here, but now I want to share my new fabulous washi tapes. It’s a set in this blue/purple colors and I especially like these two washis:

( the whale washi is extra wide and I still looking for ideas how to use it for decorations)

15 Likes

These are amazing! :star_struck: Where did you get them?

1 Like

I found them in Tedi.

2 Likes

I missed it! I will take a look at it as soon as possible :eyes: (thank you!)

Beautiful colors!

1 Like

Hey! I got these at hobby lobby

1 Like

They’re beautiful!
Here are examples of how I use wide washi tape. This kind of postcards has lines for return address which I don’t like to use and sometimes cover.

By the way, I didn’t use washi tapes during my first seven years of postcrossing and the first washi I bought were the houses set, because I needed something wide to decorate strange ad cards.

11 Likes

The House Washi Tape is so cute :two_hearts:

It’s very interesting to see how you make such an artistic postcard from washi tape. Beautiful! Thank you for taking your time to teach us how to do this. Also, I like your idea of using a plastic zip bag to protect the card as it is mailed.

1 Like

Hi do some one need washi tapes to print out?

Hi @PostFromCorina I imagine England has the same shops as here- do you have Hobby Craft and The Range? I got most of my washi tapes there.

You can of course take a look online but once you start it’s hard to stop!! :joy:

3 Likes

They have nice ones in Paperchase and Typo. I also find them in little independent gift/stationery shops.
Online I like the selection of: Cult Pens, The Journal Shop, Miso Paper and Awesome Pens.

2 Likes

Sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask, but does anyone else have trouble with Washi tape staying stuck down? I use some in my diary right now (recollections brand) and I often need to use scotch tape over it. If you have this problem how do you counter it?

2 Likes