Visualizing mail suspension alerts

Thanks again for your lightening-fast feedback :smiley:
I have actually already updated the app to show Germany as the default selected country. It stands out more than Denmark (where I’m from) simply because it is larger, and it is nicely in the middle of the map (with this “Eurocentric” projection). Also Germany is one of the most active countries on postcrossing, so I feel like it is a good starting point.

I’m done for tonight, but tomorrow I might add a way to see and easily download the blocked countries in a list form.

I am still of course open to any suggestions and ideas. You have all been a great help with this!

1 Like

I did a few more updates.
The link in the first post still works, but you can also just click here:
https://mettetron.shinyapps.io/PostBlocked/

The app now asks if you want to share your location. If you allow this, it will automatically start with info about your country, otherwise you can just click or search for the country you want info about.

I have also added a downloadable table that gives you information on both sending and receiving mail.

Remember that this app is entirely based on info from Postcrossing’s postal monitor, so if any of the information is wrong you can let them know in this forum topic: :postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

On the other hand, if you have any comments, suggestions or questions about the app, I would still love to know.

4 Likes

Another quick feedback :grin:

Wow, look at what you have done when you compare the first version with this one! It looks a lot more professional now. Great idea to make that list downloadable!

For the search country drop down it would be awesome if it would recognise when you type something, e.g. when you start typing S it would jump to the first country starting with an S

Having the choice between convenience and privacy is great.

edit: now it worked with typing… so never mind. It’s not too intuitive that you have to delete the text beforehand. Mostly it’s okay to just start typing.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Cassiopheia :smile:
I’m glad you got the search bar to work. I will try if I can make it delete the default text automatically.
And I totally agree about the privacy. Although most websites automatically collect information about the users, I really don’t want to do that without consent.

3 Likes