Vintage postcard treasure trove!

@HookedonPostcards There may be some historical interest in these, and I’ll certainly look into that after the pandemic. But I won’t be sending these postcards out, as most of them are already used (written, stamped, and postmarked) and priceless in terms of family history. It’s a small marvel to read greetings and news that friends and relatives sent to my great-grandmother and her children over 100 years ago. :two_hearts:

5 Likes

What an amazing legacy of family history he has passed along to you! Condolences on the loss of your father.

Kimberly I’m so sorry to read this news, but your father’s gift is so meaningful. Thank you for sharing some of the postcards.

What a thoughtful, perfect gift and double-legacy: of your great-grandparents, and your father. Sincere condolences. :heartpulse:

1 Like

Its so hard to lose a loved one, my sympathy. Thanks so much for sharing these I wonder why we can’t make lovely things like these nowadays.

1 Like

My sincere condolences for your loss. And you’ve got some amazing treasures. I collect such cards myself. I have German ones. The early 1800s themselves are few and far between. They are very difficult to find and the price of them bites

1 Like

I know those were left to you by your dad, and that means a lot, but you may SERIOUSLY want to look into a valuation on those cards. Some of the ones you posted have collectible value. I’m not saying you can trade them in for a new car, BUT there are collectors for holiday cards of that vintage, etc. Of course, the stamps and cancels can also bring value, though most postcard rate stamps of that era (1-cent) are pretty standard. See if you can find similar cards listed online for sale, or look up completed auction results…

OR, simply cherish them as a memento! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello friend,sorry for your loss @aerobear, but it’s an amazing collection that has been passed on to u…! Great treasure!

1 Like

Hello,
all my condolences. Your father left you a magnificent family treasure.

1 Like

The pansies are stunning :heart_eyes:

1 Like