Vintage (1940s) Folding Postcard Booklet! Cool find, worth sharing!

Hey everyone!

I recently stumbled upon folding postcard booklets. They are vintage and I believe from the 1940s. I found them at a local antique store and thought they were pretty neat. They fold closed like an envelope. Each booklet contains a few paragraphs about the region and 18 different scenes. (Nine photos, front and back). I thought I would share what they looked like! I am new to post crossing and have never seen anything like these before. They are beautiful and are mostly in good condition. I will upload some photos! Just wanted to share my excitement with you all.

19 Likes

They are pretty!

1 Like

Thank you! I really like the painted scenes. They are beautiful!

Great find! Enjoy!

1 Like

Great to see it
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I don’t know what I’ll do with them yet. Thinking about sending it to someone I get matched with. Hopefully someone has written in their bios that they love vintage postcards or scenic views lol. I’ll hold onto them until the right one(s) comes along!

4 Likes

I remember these well from when I was a child (50’s) we used to buy them as a remembrance of our vacations. I still have a few

4 Likes

I’m one of these vintage lovers. If you want, we can make a direct swap :blush:

1 Like

@loving6thgrade That is fun to hear! I noticed on some of them there are check marks or little memos on whether or not they saw that particular place in the fold out. Super neat to get a small glimpse into the past and imagine what their vacation was like.

@Aina-the-unicorn I will message you!

1 Like

They are beautiful. What a great collection.

1 Like

It’s incredible! You are very lucky! I am a huge history and vintage lover, and would be very happy if you decide to exchange these wonderful postcards in a direct exchange. Thanks for sharing, it’s a wonderful story!

1 Like

Oh, how wonderful! I remember postcard booklets like that from when I was little. And I found a modern one in Paris before the pandemic. Never thought it would be something to send in Postcrossing., but now I’ve changed my mind. :grinning:

1 Like