Video Guide to Forum

I’ve been tossing around the idea of either having a Zoom conference or creating a video on some of the basics of the forum. I find that sometimes visuals work better than the descriptions used in the User Guide. Would something like that interest anyone?

I’d include things like how to send private messages and adding tags and answering some of the more popular questions in the Questions about the new forum.

What are some topics you think would be beneficial to cover in a visual guide?

What do you think of a visual forum guide?
  • I’d love a Zoom conference.
  • I’d love a video guide.
  • I wouldn’t benefit from this.

0 voters

1 Like

I think it’s a good idea! Not really for myself as I don’t really get along well with video content, but I think it would benefit a lot of people, especially as they could see images even if their English is not so great.

I think a video would be most useful, rather than a zoom meeting (unless it is recorded and kept, as a Q&A section would be useful if it’s a live session - but you might need permission from each identifiable person to do that, I would say).

1 Like

A video guide would be great. I think I found out most things by now, but it would have helped me in the beginning or as elikoa mentioned a great tool for people who don’t speak or read english very well.

2 Likes

I’m pretty familiar with the forum, so I wouldn’t need this myself, but I think it would be helpful to others. I think a video tutorial would be the most useful. You could put it up on Youtube, for example, and then maybe get volunteers to put in subtitles for all the different languages.

1 Like

A video guide would be great, even though I don’t need it myself. Then the video is available and can be seen whenever needed.

1 Like

I also think it’sa good idea, even I would not need it for myself.
On Youtube there are already some videos about the Discourse software, so for the basics maybe it’s enough to recommend these?

1 Like

Good idea a Video Guide. Sometimes I´m struggling.

1 Like

It would help me a lot to watch videos because I am still an absolute beginner in this forum and in many other digital things.

1 Like

I think a video guide would be a better option as it gives the possibilty to switch back and forward if something is still unclear.

1 Like