Vertical or horizontal stamps: Which do you prefer?

Random question: When sending a postcard, what kind of stamps do you prefer - horizontal or vertical? Of course, it may not make a bit of difference to any of you. But when I sent postcards from France recently, the postcards looked better with horizontal stamps. Also, sometimes they can obscure the name of whom I’m spending the postcard to.

1 Like

Yes, horizontal is my preference too. But sometimes the barcode is so that I prefer vertical, so I can hide the barcode.

For me it depends on the backside design of the postcard! If there was no design (backside all blank) I don’t have a real preference.

1 Like

I like all stamps but to send, horizontal stamps are more convenient because they leave more place to note the address.

3 Likes

I’ve always like horizontal stamps. When it comes to mailing postcards, I prefer vertical ones. I will sometimes horizontal ones on the card, but place them vertically. I do this especially when the description of the picture on the front might be blocked by the stamps.

Hmmm, I like both, since there are certain standard sizes so long side of vertical fits the short side of horizontal and they can be stuck neatly together. Since usually I use around 2-5 stamps per card, it adds some creativity at arranging them

1 Like

For postcards, I definately prefer horizontal stamps as they leave more space to write the address. For envelopes, either is fine for me.

1 Like

I prefer and use a horizontal comemorative stamps plus a vertical definitive 10 Cent stamp of the flower series if necessary. That combination does neither cover the picture descrioton nor the address area.