[Uzbekistan] Looking for someone who could share some mailing tips

Hi!
I am going to Uzbekistan soon and am looking to send some postcards. I am having a hard time finding information about postage online and would be greateful if anyone from there or who recently went there could help me!
Questions I have:

• I saw online that sending a card costs 12 300 Som, is that still the case?
  • Where can I buy stamps? (I am visiting Tashkent, Samarkanda and Chiwa among other places)
  • What is the average price for postcards? (I don’t want to get scammed)

I will be greateful for any and all information regarding postage in Uzbekistan!
Have a great day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you google “post office Tashkent”, you find a central post office and some others. I would always recommend to visit and am sure that it is the easiest way to get some help…

1 Like

I can’t remember the prices but send only from post offices, don’t use the mailboxes in the streets.

By the way, when you buy any stuff, including in restaurants, don’t be shy to take out a calculator and count how much you should pay. And also check that you were given back the correct amount.

You can refer to this thread. There are many information about Uzbekistan post.

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/closed-postcards-from-the-silk-road/803497

1 Like

Yes, the price is 12 300 Som for most of the world. The Russian states are cheaper @-Anastacy- can you remind me of the price?

You can get stamps at all Post Offices but the only place you can get really interesting stamps is Tashkent’s Main Post Office. Go inside and turn left and go to the little stamp shop. The stamps on the right hand side of the counter are current ones. If it has -00 after the amount they are collector stamps only and can’t be used for posting. The pretty stamps are huge so it is a good idea to write the card after the stamps have been put on the card.

Postcards are at tourist places, bookstores and some post offices. They are often sold in sets, I can’t remember what I paid for them.

Definitely don’t use the street post boxes for mailing, take the cards into a post office.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the information! It’s super helpful :slight_smile:

Yes, of course) @Maria0007
To CIS countries: 10 600 sum
To another: 12 300 sum
If Tashkent is first city in your trip then go to the Main Post Office and buy beautiful stamps on all your trip)

1 Like