Use of icons/smileys etc in Profile details?

Hello,

Not sure where to ask, but sometimes I see profiles with all kind of icons/smileys etc. and wonder how to do this? But not really able to find anything about the subject (or the search just doesn’t give the right answer). Is there any guidance in this? Also like to refer to some card and not entering the whole url etc.

Thanks,
Matthijs

Since I use my Ipad, my keyboard allows me to easily access the smileys. I do not know how to use them on a computer

1 Like

Using a mobile decive would be the easiest option for doing this. But there are catalgoues of all those emojis on the web where you can copy and paste them even on a pc. (if you google copy + paste emojis you will find plenty of options).

Unfortunately this is not possible.

2 Likes

Very easy :grin:
I simply paste emoji from special sites, like getemoji.com

7 Likes

Sometimes emojis don’t show correctly on all devices (phone/tablet/computer). So an emoji might show up as a square box. If someone writes “I :heart: :cat: and :dog:” (“I love cat and dog”), others might not be able to understand it a all because the emojis are replaced by simple, grey boxes.

1 Like

Here on the forum, there’s a little emoji menu on the text editor, which uses colons ( : ) to code them in. So that might be useful to you as well, I think they work on the main site but I’m not 100% sure.

Actually, I think that if you type the postcard ID it automatically links to the card! Is that what you mean? For example, I can easily link to my first sent card which is CA-1151439. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s how it works on the forum. I was thinking the op was talking about the official site though.

1 Like

Ooh yeah, that makes sense. I misunderstood, lol :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies so far, much appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

And indeed … it’s not within the forum, but on the Profile page of PostCrossing.

1 Like

if you’re using windows computer you can click the windows key + . key and you’ll get the emojis :blush:

but it’s definitely easier using phones :joy:

1 Like

Emoji don’t work reliably in screen readers, so please don’t use them as a replacement for words.

8 Likes

Awesome! That was new to me :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, if you have words, look for the tab that has word count, thesaurus in their section, and you can find Insert, pull it down and you have symbols with something else, and you can access emojis- thats the section where you need to access á, é, í, ó, ú-those letters for non English words.
Also, when in words, you can use the old fashion method, type :slight_smile: and it will give you to option to choose the emoji.
Hope it helps!