US Raven Stamp

Quick question: Does anyone know if the Raven stamp has been discontinued?

3 Likes

The USPS probably just sold out, although some may still be available at local post offices. They “only” printed 18,000,000 of them in 2021. Although that sounds like a lot, they printed 100,000,000 Hot Wheels stamps in 2018, and those are still for sale on the USPS website.

3 Likes

Thanks. I know I did read “somewhere” that Scooby-Doo was being discontinued. I really liked the Raven stamp, especially with the gold foil; Scooby-Doo…not so much - I never could get into the cartoon. And I’m a classic Hotwheels kinda gal! Thanks again.

1 Like

Sending PM

The latest postal bulletin shows that Scooby-Doo and the Hot Wheels stamps will be withdrawn from regular sale by June 30th.

snip

6 Likes

We’ll never see that stamp in Florida. Shame is so beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I called usps customer service a few weeks ago and there weren’t any left in my nearby post offices. I don’t know why they printed so little and way too much hot wheels.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for this information! I’d been trying to figure out where they announced this stuff. I think it’s ironic that this was posted on the same day as we started this conversation! :roll_eyes:
Thanks again.

1 Like

I think because they have to pay quite expense license fee to Mattel

1 Like

I noticed in the past that a stamp will be removed from online sales and then it’ll come back on sometime later. I noticed they did that with the Arnold Palmer stamp and the Save Vanishing Species stamp.

4 Likes

And they just recently did that with the Shel Silverstein stamp, too (I panicked about that one much more than the Raven!).

1 Like

Add Message Monsters to the list of returned inventory. I was tempted to buy them at markup on eBay; so glad I waited!

1 Like

The Hot Wheels set has 10 designs compared with the single-design raven stamp issue, so on a print per design basis, is it 10,000,000 for Hot Wheels versus 18,000,000 for the raven? However, suppose these stamps are mainly sold in sheetlets of 10 stamps each, then it’s 10,000,000 sheetlets for Hot Wheels versus 1,800,000 for the raven?

The Mystery Message seems rather ugly to me. Will likely get more of the soon-to-disappear Kwanzaa stamps when ordering the Mississippi River ones.

2 Likes

Splurged on the enamel pin, bigger & heavier than expected!

4 Likes