US Proposed Price Increases - 01/21/2024

The US Postal Service has announced an upcoming price increase, effective January 21, 2024, if reviewed favorably by the Postal Regulatory Commission.

See the press release by USPS.

Domestic postcards move from 51¢ to 53¢. Letters move from 66¢ to 68¢. International postcards and letters move from $1.50 to $1.55.

7 Likes

:face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

:nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Is it just me, or does it feel like we are have 3 or 4 postage hikes a year lately?! :thinking:

7 Likes

Big Yawn…what is else is new? You can expect increases every six months (or less).

3 Likes

Unfortunately prices will be raised in January and June of each year for the foreseeable future…

2 Likes

Ok, so not just me.
@cliffside, great advice on using the official USPS website for stamps. I had an “offer” pop up on Facebook in the “too good to be true category”, and when I tried to research that company, I was pretty sure they were an international scam. During my research, I saw a story that said, “official new USPS stamps will glow under UV light, and fake stamps will not”? Have you heard that?

2 Likes

DeJoy, the guy who in 2020 had no idea of the cost of a postcard stamp, is running amuck! Get rid of him! :hushed:

5 Likes

Interesting. I buy a lot of stamps off Ebay. I have never had anything happen or the PO send them back to me.

1 Like

Just don’t anyone mention this to my husband. :smirk:

2 Likes

It’s not just new U.S. stamps that glow under U.V… They’ve glowed under U.V. light for years, because of their “tagging.”

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the Facebook offers are for fakes, and if you use fake stamps, best case is, USPS will simply destroy your mail. Worst case is, you go to jail for stealing from USPS or something (trying to send mail without paying for postage). Either way, it’s not worth it.

1 Like

About two years ago they announced they’d be hiking the price every 6 months

1 Like

2x a year- Jan and July for the last two years and for the foreseeable future

1 Like

Yes, that is true. A few years ago there was a store that bought discount items from the internet and sold them locally. One day I saw that they had some cheap stamps so I bought a few. When I got home I tested them under black light compared to an identical stamp on an envelope I had received through the mail. The stamps I just bought did not glow and the one from the envelope did.

I always meant to go back to that store to show them that they were selling fake stamps, (because I’m pretty sure they had no idea) but Covid shut everything down around that time and the store went out of business.

1 Like

Has anyone purchased stamps from “The TikTok Store”?
@speechlady99

I’m curious about them. I have not.

Hello! Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question. After the price increase to 53¢, can I still mail postcards using the postcard stamps (51¢)? Do I need to attach additional postage?

No extra postage! Those 51 cent postcard stamps are FOREVER the current value for a domestic postcard in the future

3 Likes