US Charles Schultz Discontinued?

Here’s today’s view from my “Saved” list. Note the difference in status between “backordered” and “discontinued”.

And, yes, my original post was that Schulz was no longer available on-line. This is the only (official) way that I can buy stamps right now.

It could be that there was so much demand that they don’t want a backorder backlog?

Wow, I should’ve ordered another sheet while I had the chance. I hope they come back :confused:

Do popular stamps sell out quickly in the U.S., too?
Sometimes I can buy stamps that were released over a year ago at the postal office, sometimes the stamps were collected early by the main office (for online sales?) and I may not be able to get the stamp.

And… Peanuts stamps will be available in Japan in January.

I’ll put one of these stamps on a peanut postcard…and see if anyone will swap with me.
I will go to the post office on the day it goes on sale and buy multiple sheets :post_office:

4 Likes

The latest postal catalog clarified that the Peanuts sheets were only going to be available as long as supplies lasted. They never had any intention of printing more.

Not discontinued, just sold out.
Sometimes the USPS reprints stamps that sell out too quickly so we can hope they do that for this.
I would recommend calling all of the post offices in your area to ask if they have some left, asking them nicely to hold them for you, and then making the drive to purchase them. I have had luck doing this and bought the last sheet or two at a few post offices in my area.

2 Likes