(un)usual mailboxes

Hello everyone.

Don’t know if this is in the right category. My searching in the forum was fruitless, so I hope this post is not a doppelgänger/double one.
Today on the Christmas market I found this beautiful mailbox. It says something like “Santa’s House” and Santa’s name is also on the mailbox as you can see. So everyone who passes by, can drop Santa a few lines or their wishlist.

Have you encountered unusual mailboxes?

12 Likes

That’s so cute OMG! :pleading_face: Love it! Wish I could get one like that! It’s just too cute to avoid!

1 Like

I don’t know whether my post is relevent to your topic or not. Many apologize if it is so. But this mailbox is located exactly of the central point of the island, so I think it is a bit geographically unusual.

11 Likes

Not sure why the german city Traunstein has a british
looking mailbox…

6 Likes

@Nandi108 I think it was a gift from its British twin city Haywards Heath. They also have a red telephone box.

3 Likes

@Nandi108 Yes, we have a French post box in my English town. It’s from our twin town in France. I like seeing it.

3 Likes

In this link you can see hundreds of beautiful and different mailboxes.
https://www.agoradefilatelia.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6058

6 Likes

I have come across some really cool mailboxes. Have you? Care to share some of those cool mailboxes you’ve seen? I will post some pictures to share with everyone. I think my favorite (If I ever get a specially designed mailbox) is either the Snoopy or Tiki one. :star_struck:

14 Likes

These are extraordinary. Only in the US I imagine

Sally

2 Likes

I would buy that dragon one if I had a house!

Here are a couple of local ones from me …

7 Likes