UK > Russia/Belarus mails

So you’re almost 1/3. I suspect it’ll be similar for most of us, and will continue to be until the world’s political situation changes and all major countries can send to Russia and Belarus again.

3 Likes

I’m on 7 out of 13, I drew two addresses this morning (it was 7 out of 11) and sighed with relief when I got Germany & the US

I saw on the main ‘Are your cards reaching…’ thread someone from Turkey had more than half of her travelling cards going to RU, so it would seem it’s not just us x

3 Likes

GB-1762162 was registered by its recipient in Belarus earlier today, with a travel time of 35 days. The current average travel time for my postcards to folks in Belarus is 28 days, so not too bad.

4 Likes

Hi everyone :wave:, while reading through the forum(s), I just stumbled across this thread here and only wanted to confirm:

As for further details, for anyone interested, you might check out my post / question here:

…and what people thereafter responded; some showed also the statuses of their traveling postcards.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: x

1 Like

RU-9985122

I just received this card from Russia after 148 days travelling! The cancellation seems to read 11th June so I think it has been sitting around in Russia for quite a while.

3 Likes

Yup, fits into the picture of what the Russian Postcrossing community has observed lately and described / reported. :wink:

1 Like

2 of my postcards have finally arrived!, looking good.

4 Likes

Me too. China cards expired as well as several to the states.

2 Likes

In spite of a tiny trickle of my cards arriving in Belarus and Russia, my figures, out of 137 travelling, are:
Belarus 14 (4 expired)
China 18 (10)
Russia 48 (13)
Taiwan 5 (3).

So 35% of my travelling cards have been sent to Russia.

2 Likes

Some good news
Card GB-1752204 arrived in Russia after 78 days & its new owner is thrilled :grinning: :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Pleased to report I’ve had three reach their Russian destinations in the last week, after 45, 50 & 65 days x

5 Likes

GB-1763022 arrived in Russia :ru: after 41 days…

5 Likes

All mine still seem to be stuck. I received one from Russia today after only 25 days travelling but mine are on 84, 54, 40, 25 days and lower.

1 Like

Just in case it’s any help, these are the timings for my most recent sent postcards to Russia:

This year, I also have 3 expired sent to Russia. They were sent in January, March and May.

8 Likes

For 2024 to date, my median time to Russia is 42 days.

I have one travelling at 43 days. I have 2 expired from last year, but one recipient seems to have stopped PC.

I send far fewer than @Florallle, but the stats seem similar.

3 Likes

Still grim news here. I have 131 travelling cards including
Belarus - 12 (2 expired) One registered there todau because the member closed the account!
China… - 20 (10) none registered there since June 28th
Russia. - 44 (10) - that’s 34%
Taiwan. - 4 (2).

1 Like

Postcard GB-1749910 - just registered after 100 days travel to Belarus.

4 Likes

And remarkably quick these days - just 35 days:

3 Likes

Three of my postcards have been registered in Russia this weekend, but none of them were among the expired cards.

3 Likes