UK postcrossers - need your help!

Hello Everyone!
Postcrossers from the UK, could you tell me please, where do you get cute British postcards with small villages and nature, animals or symbols of Great Britain? I really struggle to find cute ones. There don’t seem to be any artists in the UK who can create good British art postcards. Please help me find some online stores maybe.
Thank you in advance and Happy Postcrossing !

1 Like

Could you give some examples of the sort of thing you’re looking for. Cute can mean different things to different people.

It’s pricey, but there are quite a few British artists selling postcards on Etsy. Then you can buy many box sets for a much more reasonable price from Amazon, many featuring British artists. Examples: Fantastically Great Women by Kate Pankhurst, Beatrix Potter, Winnie the Pooh, Roald Dahl. I have just bought the box set of paintings by the Victorian artist Marianne North which are incredibly beautiful (though not British landscapes). Also the Lost Words box set - I can’t remember the artist, but they really evoke the English landscape.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. There’s many more.

I am looking for beautiful landscapes, animals , nature of England with small old British houses on background. Pictures of small village streets like on British series about Miss Marple(Joan Hickson). Beautiful watercolor drawings of London or landmarks or British coastal pictures. Something romantic and colourful.

Like this? (Postcard book Glasgow Boys and Girls)

Or this? (Janet Bell)

PHQ cards are quite good

David Gentleman’s London box set:

I don’t know. I think there is absolutely masses and masses of good art available, but I suspect we’re talking about different things. It would be really helpful if you could actually show us the sort of pictures you’re thinking of.

1 Like

I’m not in the UK, but Julia Gash has fantastic illustrated postcards:

And I recently purchased these beautiful rabbit postcards from AlexBoonArt on Etsy (out of Seaton, United Kingdom):

1 Like

Similar to this style.
1 Like

Have you checked all the UK online stores listed here?

3 Likes