UK Post box art

[Please feel free to move this to another UK section if a new thread is felt inappropriate]

I wondered if folks would like a separate thread for post-box art - toppers and painting.
I love it when we get a new Postbox topper in the village, and I’m really hopeful that we might get some coloured Postboxes in the city during the 2024 Olympic games.

Today I was pleased to see a new St David’s day topper :

27 Likes

I dropped into our local library / community centre yesterday and the knitting group were meeting, so I got a sneak preview of the new postbox topper under construction :grinning:

23 Likes

I need to remember to take more photos of the ones near us - this was the Valentines themed creation. I think the one further up the road still has its snowmen on!

UPDATE: I checked on my way home and the snowmen are in fact gone, but alas they’ve not been replaced with something else yet!

21 Likes

I love this idea for a thread @xxxxyyyyzzzz !

1 Like

I’ve seen one in Melbourn last year, so cute!

18 Likes

I’m hoping for some DDay Anniversary ones…

3 Likes

A couple of old ones but worthy of a reshare I think.

Outside Windermere Post Office the day before HM Queeen Elizabeth II funeral in September 2022

And on the street between Westminster Abbey & the Houses of Parliament at the time of King Charles III’s Coronation back in May 2023 (how time flies!) x

11 Likes

Also, three London 2012 Olympic gold post boxes in London, Lincoln & Skipton. Turns out I was quite interested in Postboxes even before I started Postcrossing x

10 Likes

Lovely sea wildlife one at Seahouses, Northumberland

13 Likes

A couple of favourite local post boxes

16 Likes

Here’s a cute one I spotted in Southwold a couple of years ago!

14 Likes

Here’s a very old picture of Andy Murray’s golden postbox in Dunblane:

…and for a while my local postbox had quite a cute little face!

12 Likes

From Hampton Court Flower Show a few years ago :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::cherry_blossom::tulip::sunflower::blossom:

21 Likes

Isn’t this just the loveliest thread, thank you for starting it @xxxxyyyyzzzz :postbox: x

5 Likes

This is the postbox in a nearby village where my daughter goes to school, ready for St. David’s Day!

16 Likes

My local postbox in Belfast city centre beside city hall. Painted for the Commonwealth games in August 22.

Then painted for Christmas last year. It was also a musical postbox and played a Christmas carol when you posted a letter.

17 Likes

I love both of these and LOVE the idea of it playing a song when you post a letter!!

2 Likes

Taken last summer in Cricceth, North West Wales.

10 Likes

So cute! And Criccieth looks beautiful, (I just googled I’d not heard of it before) would you recommend a visit? I love a sea view x

1 Like

I would recommend Criccieth. I have been there more as a kiddie because i had a relative who lived there most of his life (google “cyril jones hiroshima” if you are interested in him). He’s now deceased but led an interesting life. But there’s an interesting castle and a very good ice cream shop.

2 Likes