U.S. Star Wars stamps misprint?

Does anyone else’s stamps look lopsided/asymmetrical in the margins? (See pink lines above)

I bought these from USPS when they were issued last year. Haven’t seen any chatter about them elsewhere.

2 Likes

I checked the ones that I’ve received so far and they are more in the centre.

Scans

grafik

grafik

grafik

1 Like

I have 2 sheets of these both purchased directly from the USPS, one purchased last year and another just last month. The white border does seem to be a little wider on the left, but on mine it seems less exaggerated than in your photos and like it’s intentional to make space for the year “2021” to be printed outside of the image ?

1 Like

@Cassiopheia thanks for checking. I always love to see postmarked stamps from the recipient’s perspective

@SilverHare agree. Yours look much more balanced overall. I wondered about the possibility of the lopsidedness being intentional/designed, but now I’m leaning (heh!) toward mistake

1 Like

I checked mine and they seem to be okay. Yours are definitely off-centered but I’m not sure if there’s any collector value. Don’t use them. Just hang on to them until you can speak to someone who’s very well informed about those kind of things.

2 Likes