Trip to Tallin, Estonia 🇪🇪

Hello!
I am visiting Estonia at the end of July and have a few questions that I hope someone can answer!
How easy is it to buy stamps?
What do the post boxes look like?
What can I do in 1 day in your city?
What Estonian specialties can I eat?
Thank you!

Hello @JustJo
It’s been awhile since I’ve been to Estonia so I can’t answer about how easy it is to buy stamps sadly. Which city are you going to? My answers for what to do depends on this. Food wise - Potato Salad, Hakklihakotlet (it is basically a meat patty), Mulgikapsad (It has Hapukapsas (Sauerkraut) with Pork and Barley), Kilu (it is a type of fish) Kruubipuder (Barley Porridge), Kohuke (it is a curd snack with lots of different options of flavours), Kama (I don’t know how to describe it. Just try it) and Kali (fermented fizzy drink).

2 Likes

Use Google, please!
https://balticguide.ee/en/?l
Here is the link for all you need.

There is very easy to find stamps and postcards. The Post of Estonia is called Omniva (signs).
The main post office’s address: Pärnu maantee 22, Finest postkontor in the middle of Tallinn,
open Mon-Fre 10-19, Sat 10-15.
More information from the link.

2 Likes

When in the Old Town, I often pick up stamps at Tommpea Postkontor, Lossi Plats 4.
Right next to Aleksander Nevski Cathedral, you can’t miss it.

1 Like

Hello!
You can get stamps at a post office or at an R-Kiosk convenience store (there’s one in the train station). Postage has unfortunately become quite expensive- 2,60€ for an international letter/postcard.
Most post boxes are orange, but you might encounter an older green box (on the main square for example).
I would recommend trying kali - a fermented (but not quite alcoholic) drink (it’s the same as Russian kvass), and kohuke- a sweet snack made of some cream-cheese-like stuff coated in chocolate.
I’m not in Tallinn very often, so I can’t really recommend anything specific to see there (although the Old Town and Toompea hill are impressive).

1 Like

@anon81351495 @kotona @Wolfsmondfee @KartuliMees

Thank you for the recommendations! We tried these 3 varieties of Kohuke and they were delicious, and I have bought some Kali to try after it has been in the fridge.
What a beautiful city Tallinn is :heart_eyes:

5 Likes