Travel mode: do I need a fixed adress?

When I’m travelling, e.g. in a Camper, I do not have a fixed adress. May be it’s a longer travel, and I will change country several times, but always without a fixed adress.
Can I still send postcards with “travel mode”, just always changing the country in my profile depending on where I’m currently staying?
Thanks for your answers.

1 Like

https://www.postcrossing.com/help/what-is-the-travel-mode

The Travel Mode is a setting that members can use when they’re traveling and would like to send postcards from their travel destination.

To use it, simply set your account to Travel Mode on your Account Settings, choosing your destination country and city. Then, just use the website as normal! All the postcards you send while in this mode will have your travel country/city as their origin, so that their maps and statistics are correct. If you’re traveling abroad, the Postcard IDs will also be from your travel country — but you’ll need to physically be in that country in order to request addresses, so that we can check that your location is a match.

Please note that while you’re in Travel Mode, your account will not be selected to receive postcards (since you’re not home to receive them). All your due postcards will be sent to you when you are back home and set your account back to Active.

If you’re using your mobile’s data to access the internet abroad, please be aware that your traffic may be routed through your home country’s servers… thus making it impossible for Postcrossing to verify your location. If this is the case, we suggest connecting to a local wi-fi instead (for instance from your hotel, or a nearby café).

2 Likes

You don’t need a fixed address to use travel mode. You don’t change your address when you use travel mode. You rather select “travel mode” instead of “active” and choose a temporary location. There’s no question about an address when selecting the travel mode.

3 Likes

Thanks for your answers!
Of course I did read in the help thread before asking. But I was not sure if I need a fixed adress when travelling - like I do have e.g. in a Hotel, but don’t have in a Caravan, on a Cruise Ship or on a multi-day hike.
Now I think I’ve got it. So, when travelling, I’ll always put in the current country and nearest city/town. And change it each time when I traveled on.
Thank you!

2 Likes

Yes, just pick the nearest location.

Some doesn’t bother using travel mode when they’re inside their own country. But others prefer using travel mode as that would change the distance and location on the postcard page.

Thanks. Your answers are very useful vor me.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.