为什么那么多中国地址都有电话号码?

大家好!

我想问你们为什么这么多中国地址都有电话号码。 当有明信片时,邮递员会打电话给你们吗? 他对每封邮件都这样做吗?:thinking:

我的中文不太好, 但请帮我了解!谢谢!

3 Likes

Hi Ana!
In my opinion, adding a phone number to the postcard or letters can ensure that it is delivered more accurately to the recipient (especially for registered mail, which usually calls 100%). The express delivery business in China is very developed, but it also depends on different circumstances, such as China Post and other logistics companies. Generally, the postman will call the recipient to tell them that they have a delivery and ask whether to deliver it door-to-door, to the delivery receiving station, or to the smart locker.
Letters and postcards or EMS mails are generally operated by China Post, and the postman will not make calls for letters and postcards. But registered letters and parcels or EMS mails postman will make calls for sure. There may be slight differences in different regions, but it is generally similar.
I hope this can give you a reference.

6 Likes

Mailbox for each individual room of an apartment is not a common practice in China, and most populations in cities live in apartments instead of houses. Some communities even refuse postmen from entering. On such occasions, it would be not possible to deliver a ordinary peice without a call, otherwise the mail will eventually ends up in the dead mail centre if not garbage cans.
As I said on Discord, my delivery office in China throws away every single peice of ordinary mail regardless of whether there’s a telephone number on it, or whether it’s domestic or international. My address in China is an island in the Yangtze River in Nanjing, and local collectors call our island “blackhole of ordinary mails” (平信黑洞).

4 Likes

As one of the people who writes their phone number at their address, I see a lot of benefits to this. When I’m at school and mail is automatically delivered to the collection office rather than a particular residence detail, then I’m notified to pick up my postcard. If the postman can’t recognise the address in English, the phone number provides another possibility of contacting me without the postcard going straight into the bin.

2 Likes

先说前提条件,许多中国的住宅没有给每个住户配备独立的信箱,或者配备了信箱但常年搁置不用。像银行卡、录取通知书这些,一般都是直接送给本人当面签收。
对我来说,我写电话号码有两个原因。因为负责送我所在区域的快递员(EMS)和邮递员(报纸,明信片等)不是同一个人。对于送EMS的快递员来说,有我的手机号,就可以放在智能快递柜中临时存取,我通过与手机号绑定的微信扫码,就可以取出来;对于送报纸、明信片的邮递员来说(他们操作不了智能快递柜),有我的手机号,可以给我打电话告诉我。打电话并不是寄平信邮递员的职责,但量多的话通常会打电话给收件人的。也可以放在门卫室/传达室,我就知道有明信片到了,有时间的时候再去取。一般来说,我收到的明信片,主要是前者这种投递方式,所以留手机号还是挺有必要的。
当然,他们也可以放信箱里,我住的地方有信箱但我没有信箱的钥匙…买房的时候给的钥匙早就找不到了。前段时间专门找撬锁的人来把柜子撬开了,一下子拿出来20多张明信片。我住是一栋有100户左右的居民住宅楼,而这个信箱目前只有我一个人在用…

Many Chinese residences don’t have independent PO box for each resident, or they have PO box but totally left unused. Some important files,such as bank cards, admission letters are usually sent directly to the recipient for signing. Almost no one would send regular letters and postcards in recent 20 years since the internet access in China.
For me, there are two reasons why I write phone numbers. ①Because the deliveryman(send EMS) and postman (send newspapers, postcards, etc.) responsible for my live area are not the same person. For EMS deliveryman, if they have my phone number, they can put the postcard in the e-delivery cabinet that I can get it by scanning the WeChat qrcode bound to the phone number.②For postman who deliver newspapers and postcards (they cannot operate the e-delivery cabinet).If they have my phone number, they can call me and let me know – your postcards are arrived now. It is not their work duty to call receivers,but if you have many plenty of postcards,they usually will.Sometimes,they also leave it in the resident of janitor’s room and I will know that postcards have arrived and will go to pick them up when I have time. Generally speaking, the postcards I receive are mainly delivered through the former method, so it is necessary to leave a phone number.
Of course, postman or deliveryman can also put it in the PO box.I own a PO box, but I don’t have the key to it. I couldn’t find the key I gave when I bought the house. A while ago, I call someone to pry open the cabinet and take out almost 20+ postcard from the unused PO box. I live in a residential building with around 100 households, and only I using this PO box.

4 Likes

你好!在中国,很多地址都会附带电话号码,这是为了更便捷地联系到收件人。特别是在快递或重要邮件投递时,如果地址不够详细或有疑问,邮递员或快递员通常会通过电话与收件人确认具体地址或收件时间,以确保邮件能够准确、及时地送达。
但并不是每封邮件都会打电话,这主要取决于邮件的类型、重要性以及地址的详细程度。一般来说,普通信件或明信片的投递通常不需要电话确认,除非地址存在问题或无法投递。
希望这能解答你的疑问!

在中国明信片邮递员大部分不会打电话,有些也会打电话,如果送错地址了,收到的那个人可能会打电话通知对的人去取,

可能就是很多人单纯怕丢所以才会如此,但实际上,如果是走平信,中国大陆的投递员并不会拨打这些电话。

我们小区的明信片一般送到门卫室,有些人根本不知道会送到这,我一般看到别人的明信片都会打电话告诉他们让他们自己来拿。

1 Like

其实我有问过邮局工作人员,有电话号码地话输入电话号码就可以快捷查询到这个人地曾用地址,这样快递员在录入的时候比较方便,我觉得这样好像可以提高邮递的速度。不过目前寄往国外的明信片好像是不进行录入的

我们这的投递员会把我的明信片丢进快递柜然后通过手机号发送取件码。虽然他们可以直接丢进信箱但是他们更想直接丢快递柜比较省事

邮递员以"你上面没有写手机号,你家又没有邮箱,我不知道要把明信片放到哪里去"为理由,销毁了我在半年内应该收到的明信片,尽管我是小区住房,并且地址已经写的非常详细了,他觉得我没有在明信片上写手机号码,所以他联系不上我,那这个明信片就是可以销毁的。
这个逻辑很太棒了,甚至是邮局也是给我这个理由,我觉得太搞笑了,地址已经精确到门牌号,邮局和邮递员居然用没有邮箱和手机号码为理由来摧毁我的信件。并且拒绝道歉,甚至觉得是我在胡闹

4 Likes

你可以考虑拨打11185或者12345来投诉,也可以致函有关的政府部门来申诉。他们的做法简直是胡闹。

Edit:我和群友们讨论了一下,认为他们的操作有可能的合规性,所以我的建议仅供参考。

1 Like

可以投诉了!!!!!

我最近就把电话添加到了我的地址中
主要原因是中国邮政翻译英文地址效率不高,可能存在翻译错误的情况导致收不到明信片
这也是为什么很多中国postcrosser会建议使用他们的中文地址
添加电话号码算是一种保险措施,让快递员能够在不确定地址的情况下联系到自己

2 Likes

You can be found if the address is unclear. And write a phone number so that the mailroom staff can notify you to pick up the letter

除了学生,租户,每一个中国人都有自己的手机号,邮箱,email。不过大多数人并不关心邮箱在哪里,甚至连邮递员都不知道。2008年以后,中国信用卡账单,水电煤账单都开始无纸化,那么邮箱在哪里更不重要了。目前,中国90%以上的人用手机号收快递和邮件,不写手机号,部分快递甚至无法运输。
平信写手机号很可笑,不过不写大概率收不到,还是写吧,你们知道吗,中国国内邮寄平信和明信片费用已经18年没涨价了,真的没什么人用平信和明信片,连提涨价方案的人都忘了这件事。

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for helping me to understand this trend! I really appreciate it. :slight_smile: 非常感谢!

2 Likes