Top šŸ‘

I have just discovered a new keyword:

I love statistics and I like to have different ways to view them.
Here I can see which topic had the most or least views or answers and to which topic was answered lastly.

Thanks for that :smile: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

What excatly is the difference between ā€˜latestā€™ and ā€˜topā€™?
Do ā€˜topā€™ also count views only, while ā€˜latestā€™ only counts the anwers?

Happy that you like it! :slight_smile: Itā€™s been there from the beginning though (yesterday we only added Bookmarks). Donā€™t ask us how exactly is the TOP calculated though ā€” all we know is that itā€™s a formula involving number of replies, views and likes. The exact details are more tricky to understand.

As a curiosity, thereā€™s in fact other possible views too. Besides the Categories, Latest, New, Unread, Top and Bookmarks, thereā€™s also: Read and Posted (+Agenda and Calendar which is from a plugin). But we donā€™t want to overwhelm the navigation even more; the bookmarks seemed useful for the patterns of navigation many use on the forum.

1 Like

ā€œLatestā€ shows the ā€œall time statisticā€ while ā€œTopā€ shows the statistic of a certain period, that you can choose.

1 Like

Thanks, on mobile devices the selector for time period never catches my eye. Now I found it. :slight_smile:

I love the Top option!

Iā€™d love to see the ability to sort by least recent to most recent.

By definition, the Top list is sorted by some ā€œsecret-sauceā€ score, starting from the highest score (the most ā€œTopā€ topic), to the least. Hence, sorting that list by some other factor (like date) would no longer be a Top list! :slight_smile:

You can however select a time window for the Top which can be useful:

That said, perhaps you didnā€™t meant it in the context of Top and youā€™d like to have a ā€œOldestā€ instead of the ā€œLatestā€? :thinking:

2 Likes

Correct!

No Oldest view Iā€™m afraid. Iā€™m guessing that wouldnā€™t be useful for most as it would just list every single topic chronologically ā€” and thereā€™s a ton of them to show.

You can however sort of simulate that by using a custom search ā€” just select some narrow enough period long ago and you can even filter out the ones you have already read. You can also sort the results by some criteria that may help (but not Oldest Iā€™m afraid).

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion! I will definitely give that a try.