Those glossy postcards, what do you use to write messages?

Invisible tape is your friend. Put it on the postcard, then you can write on it with normal pen. Problem solved.

2 Likes

What is a CD pen??!

I will sometimes glue some paper on or add a sticker speech bubble and write in that. Curious what others do too.

4 Likes

Sharpies Ultra Fine Point Fineliners work very well for me, they dry relatively quickly on glossy postcards.

6 Likes

What we call CD pens here are permanent markers used for writing on CDs and DVDs without getting smudged. They vary in thickness, so I guess some very thin would be suitable for postcards. I don’t know if that’s what was meant by the original poster, though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

1 Like

I use a sharpie fine tip pen

1 Like

These are my absolute favorite to write on glossy cards:
Sakura 34061 3-Piece Microperm Ultra-Fine Point Pen Set

1 Like

S H A R P I E S

They are amazing and after around 20 seconds they do not smear. I love them so much lol.

2 Likes

There’s also some good recommendations in this thread: Your favorite pen to write postcards?

And there’s also a few other links on the first post that are worth checking out

I’ve been using a fine point sharpie and a marker from the Sakura micron series

1 Like

I was using a Sharpie–maybe I just need to write one line at a time and let it dry.

2 Likes

I use the Tombow Mono Twin

I bought one by accident, but they are really great for glossy paper. Sadly, they’re only available in three colours as far as I know. I also use them to write the address on most postcards so that it doesn’t come off in the rain

2 Likes

Once I had really glossy cards where not even a permanent marker / CD pen would work. I then printed the text and glued it on the card and never bought such stupid cards again.

On others normally a sharpie would do.

7 Likes

Angelthecat, That is what I am dealing with! Your response made me laugh! “Never bought the stupid cards again” I understand completely! Quite frustrating when even permanent/sharpie pens won’t work. I will probably do the “glue message” method like you did.

3 Likes

Very thin rollerball pens, like 0.3 thin. I just leave the cards for the ink to dry for a couple of hours after.
Fountain pen works too, but that’s a more fancy and expensive way.

1 Like

I found a solution this week! I little sandpaper! I sanded off the glossy!

6 Likes

This could really help, thanks for the input :hugs:

1 Like

I use a sharpie ultra tip. Wait a little bit for ink to dry.

1 Like

Sharpie plus blow dryer :rofl:

4 Likes

I also have like lamination sheets that I can just to shape and cover ink and it works well