They destroyed my stamps

I paid for non-machinable.

12 Likes

My first food stamp (on an official from Porto, Portugal) and this was how it was cancelled. Also the first pen desecration. It hits you in the feels.

13 Likes

Really USPS? There were already Chinese postmarks so not sure why USPS felt the need to cover the WHOLE card with more
 haha all you can do is laugh :joy:

16 Likes

And it looks like they still missed one!

2 Likes

What’s Napoleon eating there? A seagull?

7 Likes

Yes, it looks like that😊.

3 Likes

Hahaha

Someone had their hate on for this baseball all star! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

18 Likes

This is such an interesting topic. I’ve only received 10 cards so far but just had a look and 3/10 were not cancelled:

And I got one blue pen of death scribble. They even cancelled my sticker! :joy:

14 Likes

It’s a good idea to protect the postcard!

I want to scream like SmĂ©agol as “You ruins it!” :sob:

14 Likes

Well, these were cancelled alright
 so generously with ink.

10 Likes

Amazingly the stamp on the other side survived, but this is what the USPS delivered to me the day before our rates go up.

15 Likes

This reminds me of the time I received my first postcard from South-Africa. The stamp had a really nice and clear red cancellation, but in my country it was cancelled again for some reason or the other. The stamp wasn’t ‘ruined’ per se, but I thought it peculiar nonetheless.

4 Likes

This poor Portuguese stamp really got the treatment. A normal cancellation, a bite taken out by the sorting machine and a pen scribble. The French Antarctic stamp escaped cancellation but the machinery was hungry that day.

9 Likes

In this case, I’m pretty sure a postal worker did this and not the person who sent me the postcard, since it made part of the message illegible, plus it cancels two stamps. (So that would be a waste of money, if the person did it)
Furthermore, it ruins the person’s decorations (which you can’t see because I covered the address and message and such.)

All I just have to ask the postal worker who did this is: Why?

15 Likes

I received a Hurray message last week, in which the receiver told me that every single stamp had been torn off. I usually put on four stamps, so half the postcard must have been missing. Extraordinary to think that postal workers would do this.

4 Likes

Years ago (before Postcrossing) I’ve seen postcards where the stamps had been peeled off because of a commemorative cancelation. The postcard itself wasn’t damaged. I hope that’s the case with the card you send, too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blobs of ink covering these cute otters. :disappointed:

5 Likes

It looks as if the card went through the machine at least two or three times and the card kept going to the wrong city (I see postmarks from two states on that card). In USPS slang, a “Nixie” clerk finally circled the destination address and processed it manually, albeit not in a nice way.

4 Likes