The weirdest postcard you have ever had

In some forum thread, there was a whole discussion about a strange postcard with a moose and a woman. Today, I also bought a strange postcard. And I became curious about how many of such cards are in your desk drawers, waiting for their special recipient. Show your amazing, strange, incomprehensible, or silly postcards?

13 Likes

I LOVE weird postcards, why have I never discovered this thread yet? :laughing:

3 Likes

I am new here and have some cards in my collection that I consider weird and that I am not sure I would send to anyone unless they specifically requested a weird card. (I bought a job lot on eBay which included some oddballs!)

After reading this whole thread, I now realise that my cards are actually quite tame and that art really is subjective!!!

Obviously, bookmarking thread for future entertainment! :joy:

5 Likes

11 Likes

6 Likes

These cards are by Frank Kunert, I have some of them here!

10 Likes

I really like this one :laughing:

1 Like

6 Likes

Very funny card :slight_smile:

Thank you guys. At this point I started to wish someone sending me some hidden gem like these here :gem: :rofl:

4 Likes
1 Like

definitely this one for sure! guys,did you see those eyes behind the fox? It’s kinda weird and creepy. :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve just deleted one post.

From the Forum Guidelines :arrow_down:

Don’t use the forum to advertise a business or anything commercial. If you own a business or a shop, you can leave one link to it on the Elsewhere on the web section.

I have had, not one, but TWO cards from Arizona featuring cactuses dressed up as cowboys!

3 Likes

OMG! I like this hahaha!

Weirdest cards are 2 with dead people

https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/FI-3169512

https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/DE-7286264
ctjjqqktdj6io8602z91cahsg0lye4uc

3 Likes

One of my absolute favourites

4 Likes

Post mortem is terrible. I wouldn’t keep these cards. They give you goosebumps.

I think this is quite weird!

5 Likes

It is a popular and very common autumn activity for children to make animals and other figures from chestnuts here in the Czech Republic. Like this

You can also use other forest materials like acorns and various coniferous cones, whatever is available to you. The figure on your postcard looks like a work from the guy in this article (it is in Czech but you can use a translator)! He admitedly took it a step up :smile:

If you search “Dubánci”, you will find plenty more pictures. Dub = oak, so “little oak creatures” :blush:

9 Likes